It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Predictions; Practice Drills from TPTB?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It just occurred to me, with all the recent doomsday threads, that perhaps there is a conspiracy within the conspiracies...

Perhaps each scheduled 'DoomsDate' is a large research and acclimation project, in order to drowned out the sound of an Actual destructive occurence, which may be certain at some point in the near future...

And also de-sensitize the masses in an effort to keep the majority of the population docile during a real event.

Send out a million decoys, then the real one is impossible to locate in time. (See 'the Thomas Crown Affair.')

Thoughts? Opinions? Wildly inappropriate personal character attacks?

They could all be fake, except one, and we'd still need to be prepared.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i do love your thinking! now thats what ATS is all about........not some 14 year old kid had some wet dream he wants interpreted...... phase 2 lets find some evidence that backs up your theory.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
someone yesterday mentioned "chicken little syndrome"

i believe it, it fits right in with our psychology. The more predictions that don't pan out make both predictions and conspiracy theorist (truth seekers) seem quite nuts.

The effect has taken me over as well. I actually commented on someones introduction thread the other day "and feel safe in the fact that if it is predicted here, it won't come true
"

I didn't even realize that i had fallen into their trap

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The TPTB only care about one warning at that's the one that alerts their people to what's going on. The last thing they would do is alert the public that something is going to happen out of fear we might storm their underground bases.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

That's a good way to see it. People who hang around this site will probably get the early tip off to a real deal.
Just like people who hang around Infowars.com are early in understanding ongoing conspiracies or political stuff.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by crash override

Well, proof will be difficult to ascertain. We'd have to chronicle every Dooms Day scenario that is mentioned and publicized by the Mainstream Media. Any idea how to do that?

Maybe we could chart the times and see if they are getting more or less coverage as the time goes on. Any techie takers?

Come on ATS, debunk me!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This seems to make the most sense. The whole keep crying wolf till nobody cares that you're crying. Then when someone really spots the wolf no one will care to listen.

My belief is that there is no magically doomsday coming that's "predictable" - no rapture or punishment or smiting from vengeful gods. Any event that's coming will be provable with scientific evidence or something planned and man-made but being covered up. Earthquakes, volcanoes, floods, astronomical impacts, terrorism, and war. That sorta thing. Any of the real information on those events are likely to intentionally be drowned out in wacky doomsday prophecies, planet-x/Nibiru, comet ELEnin, UFO invasion, 2012, prophetic drug induced end of world dreams, project blue beam, etc. of which I've seen ZERO pieces of credible evidence to back as of yet.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
It just occurred to me, with all the recent doomsday threads, that perhaps there is a conspiracy within the conspiracies...

Perhaps each scheduled 'DoomsDate' is a large research and acclimation project, in order to drowned out the sound of an Actual destructive occurence, which may be certain at some point in the near future...

And also de-sensitize the masses in an effort to keep the majority of the population docile during a real event.

Send out a million decoys, then the real one is impossible to locate in time. (See 'the Thomas Crown Affair.')

Thoughts? Opinions? Wildly inappropriate personal character attacks?

They could all be fake, except one, and we'd still need to be prepared.

There has to be some logical reason why the media is letting it get so much attention...some ulterior motive..or motives...

Then again ..maybe not
..maybe some just like to toy with people, cause they get a good chuckle out of it.

Maybe ..just maybe that could even include you.
edit on 22-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

You're giving me far too much credit. haha

I only contemplate what may be behind all this gloom and doom coverage in the MSM. If I were having a go at you, I would have made it much more elaborate and harder to believe.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits

You're giving me far too much credit. haha

I only contemplate what may be behind all this gloom and doom coverage in the MSM. If I were having a go at you, I would have made it much more elaborate and harder to believe.

Not saying you were ,and if you are legit in your questions behind hidden motives...I would agree with you...that that may very well be the case....that there is an ulterior motive behind it..or a few.

My apologies if I offended you by perhaps accusing you for something you are totally innocent of.

(nowadays,my brain tends to go towards not trusting anyone..for all sorts of reason..seems to be a lot of people who just get a real kick out of playing with peoples minds...on this site...and in this world...and it makes me sad...and also overly suspicious at times)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

No worries.
Now who here at ATS is good with charts?

top topics

join