It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter "Out Of Control" - according to corrupt Judge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I heard about this on the radio and it made my blood boil. There is currently a lot of coverage of super injunctions, which are basically a way for rich people to force the media to NOT expose their infidelity and other immoral acts. While this is wrong in itself, it leads to a more disturbing issue. It is a law for the rich only. The poor do not get this luxury, if they screw up they have to face the consequences.

Twitter was used to get around this. Now Twitter are being forced to hand over details of the person who broke the injunction. This has led to the most senior civil judge in the country, Lord Neuberger, to call for a way to bring sites like Twitter under control. This means censorship. I am not a big fan of social networking but this is just going way too far.

I am absolutely OUTRAGED that these overpaid, immoral cheats can buy their way out of being exposed for the scum they really are, and not only that, the law is firmly on their side, and the general public will pay the price so these disgusting people can continue their dirty lives in secret.

Source: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The whole situation is stupid. We all know who these people are and what they have done. Stopping twitter wont stop that, British law has no jurisdiction over foreign news websites.

To be honest the judges that allow these super injunctions probably think they are a good idea because they have plenty to hide themselves.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
things will get worst before they get better.
but i guarantee it will get better my friends!
the old in power have lost touch its only a matter of time

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
To deal with these corrupt prosecutors,judges, politicians and others we must post and publicise their bad judgement and ways so that everyone who cares can protest that they be removed from the bench.
Too much abuse has been and is going on that it is time we people join to remove those power abusers.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Money is power. As we know Absolute Power Corrupts. So what we need to do is stop people from consolidating too much wealth thats what causes so much evil in the world.

Too many people with a lot of money are evil and only a few good. We must change society it all has to change.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
i don't know who they are. if you know, enlighten us. many on this website are aggressive against the establishment and the corrupt justice system, yet i saw some posters hide behind the law and say they don't want to get sued.

it is almost impossible to sue some over posts because it is so hard to prove who actually wrote it.

example: my account was hacked, i don't know who wrote that. i had 15 friends over to watch man united vs west ham and i left my computer on. etc.

so if any of you know names man up and post them. it's called a peaceful non-violent protest against an unfair law.

it is a matter of conscience. don't be chickensh-t. no one here is that important that a judge will come after you.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I would mention the names but not sure what the policy is for ATS, I'd rather not get this site in any trouble or break any T&C. If you go on twitter and type in injunction or even a famous Welsh man utd player you would have your answers. I think someone has posted all the names on ATS before.

The whole thing is a total farce and is making the welsh left winger look a bit of a fool, which is a shame as I've always enjoyed the welsh wizards magic.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Every countries government should realize that they cannot, and should not try to silence the internet. The internet is our last beacon of unspoiled truth, and that's why it's so dangerous. And that's why it's our greatest tool.

If there's one thing other then my families safety I'd go to war/die for, it'd be the freedom of the internet and peoples rights to access it. That's how important I view it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Already metioned the football player in one thread yesterday.

Ryan Giggs has been the bad boy on this occasion.

Some others, Allegedly i will say are, Ewan Mcgregor, Hugh Bonneville and Alan Shearer (who I was most surprised about.

I suppose we will wait and see what happens.

top topics

join