It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY the Rapture did not happen.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
As weak and gullible Dooms day wishers are, I am betting that the following are some of the excuses that they will use why " THE END " did not come.

~ Camping followers' prayer to God that he would hold off on the destruction and their prayers were heard.

~The minor quakes around the world are another (but last) warning so send more money.

~ Jesus did not fill the quota of saved people due to lack of Camping's peoples effort so more work is needed.

Can you think of more that Camping will come up with? Because I will bet my left you know what that he will not admit he was wrong and furthermore, PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE HIM *SIGH*

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I say who cares.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
You were judged and forgiven, now please donate your money by pressing my paypal button.

2nd

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It did happen
We just have a lack of true Christians.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
After hours of meditation and careful consideration I have figured out the Top 10 reasons why the Rapture did not happen.

10) Even God wants to see the photos of Osama Bin Laden's body

9) God is waiting for George Lucas to make up for his last 3 Star Wars films.

8) Rapture is postponed until next week so God can find out who is the next American Idol

7) Chuck Norris's beard said, "Not today God"

6) God stopped to get a table dance

5) The bottom of your Rapture ticket clearly states, "Card Subject to Change"

4) It DID happen and the only person found worthy was Randy "The Macho Man" Savage

3) Heaven is in foreclosure

2) God was not allowed to come to Earth without first showing his long form Birth Certificate

and my number one reason why the Rapture did not happen.....

1) Fred Phelps is not yet finished spreading God's Will yet. Once that is done, then you can have your Rapture!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Now that we have a tag team duo with Chuck Norris down here and Randy "Macho Man" Savage up there raptures are a thing of the past.

Then, when the last "Golden Girl" finally has her number called God will be too busy layin the "mack daddy" to worry about us... Wont be long now...

-Lightrule

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

4) It DID happen and the only person found worthy was Randy "The Macho Man" Savage

This shud have been number 1, funny

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

LMMFAO! Well Played!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dmac359

No doubt! That had me crying

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Is it becasue The Rapture doesn't exist?

Am I right? What's my prize?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

I had some free time at work and that list is what I did with it

I have no doubt my list will probably be all over the internet in a few days. I did put it in 2 threads here on ATS and my facebook so im sure it will end up in a few places, but just remember you heard it here first

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
leap year (⊙…⊙ )

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Or maybe Camping 100% thought that it was going to happen and now he does not know what do to with himself? If he had 100% faith in his calculations he probably didn't have a plan B. I am looking forward to seeing what his next move will be.
Regarding his donations, his website does not seem to be working correctly and has not been updated. I even clicked on the "donate" button and it does not work. (Not that I was going to donate!)

Lets see what happens over the next few days...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Camping may argue that the worthy were indeed changed and taken into the 'air/clouds' as prophecied...

it is only because the rest of us left behind have our eyes and minds clouded with delusion
that we are unable to recognize or confirm that a supernatural event took place on the 21st of May...

the raptured have indeed been taken, but we normal people here
have absolutely no memory or historical record that any of those whom were taken ever really existed.
The 'Rapture' is therefore, eternally kept Secret and known only to Heaven...

in fact, i think i've even convinced myself that a rapture has taken place as predicted...

After All... there is no benchmark to compare the 'before rapture' against the 'after rapture' timeline
and neither science nor society is ready to change the calender from AD & CE..
to BR & AR----

we will continue to deride the reality of the Rapture because this is our self created hell

~rabbit hole phenomena again~
edit on 22-5-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

The excuses will come for sure, after all doomsday selling is highly profitable, people are making millions of those that believe the world will end in their lifetime.

But they should research and learn, doomsdays has been around for centuries and all of them have been total failure Why? because they are all base on lies.

Is all man made, that is a fact that many Bible believers and end of time believes can not seems to grasp.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

There is no way he can claim the Rapture happened and we did not notice the missing people. According to the theory behind the Rapture, Jesus also raises the dead Christians from years past and they, along with the Raptured Christains, all ascend into the clouds.

So have you seen any raised up dead people?

Neither did I.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I thought I read it is to happen within a space from now till Oct 21?

Either way, one cannot predict anything from the Bible.
It's not a singular book by a single author, nor did it fall from the sky.
It's full of errors and inaccuracies, and cobbled from many books, with additions and ommisions, and translated problems. Plus it's a fairy story.

How can anyone predict anything from that?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Don't they lock dead people in vaults these days? Maybe it did happen and grandma can't get out.

I was really disappointed. I could use a new car.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Enough of these threads..

Nobody cares and those who did are morons, sorry to say but they are.

You can't predict the end of the world and Jesus is not coming back! If he did he'd slap half the people in the world for believing such crap.

I know I dont have to click on this thread by my god I am tired of seeing the boards cluttered with this crap. There use to be thought out threads on here and well now, not so much.

Please dont feed into this crap!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Jesus set off but half way here he realised he'd
forgotten his sandals !
He's gone back to get 'em and apparently he will be
arriving on October 21st now !
Sorry for the delay !

Peace

new topics

top topics

join