It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bentwaters UFO incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is one of the most fascinating UFO encounters on record, and extremely credible. Im surprised more research and speculation on the subject has not reached ATS. This certainly is an incident on par with Roswell.

www.geocities.com...

The incident occured back in 1980 on a joint US/British top secret air base in Suffolk. Its a very big story, and I feel has not garnered the attention deserved, especially since people pay more attention to hoaxes and frauds like David Icke and Bill Meier.

So please, read and feel free to coment, I really wanna know what people think of this one.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Im surprised more research and speculation on the subject has not reached ATS.

This is indeed an interesting report, but I believe it has been discussed here many times over.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It has been discussed a lot, and I believe Sci-Fi channel (in the states) did a half assed documentary on it, but it really is one of the more intriguing cases for me just because of the large amount of freaked out well trained military personel involved.

Though the whole thing could have been a batch consignment psy-op run through the CIA with MI-(chooses your number).

Still very interesting case.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Skadi,
actually this is fairly old. the scifi channel ran this as a special awhile back.
thjey called the special "UFO Invasion at Rendlesham. Here is a link.
www.scifi.com...
there are some audio tapes supposedly by Lt. Colonel Halt (USAF) who was one of the soldiers who were sent out to investige.
hope this helps

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have not seen that much discussion on it here on ATS. Yeah, Ive seen History Channel documentaries about it.

But I see more discussion about Roswell, area 51, ect than i do this incident, which, because it occured in Britian, was alot harder to cover up. (Last time i checked, the British govornment machine didnt habitually threaten and scare civilians with dire promises of pain and suffering like they commonly do in the US).

Anyway, i havent seen any data added to it. I was hoping to see if any british posters can shed light on this subject, give thier own insight, ect. Or any American military personell who were in that area at the time.

I had heard about it originally from my Commander in germany, who was also pretty keen on UFOs, and given his former assignements, I can see why.

Anyone else know anything about this?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I have not seen that much discussion on it here on ATS. Yeah, Ive seen History Channel documentaries about it.

But I see more discussion about Roswell, area 51, ect than i do this incident, which, because it occured in Britian, was alot harder to cover up. (Last time i checked, the British govornment machine didnt habitually threaten and scare civilians with dire promises of pain and suffering like they commonly do in the US).

Anyway, i havent seen any data added to it. I was hoping to see if any british posters can shed light on this subject, give thier own insight, ect. Or any American military personell who were in that area at the time.

I had heard about it originally from my Commander in germany, who was also pretty keen on UFOs, and given his former assignements, I can see why.

Anyone else know anything about this?

the prevailing theroy (not counting the ausio tapes) is that the light came from a lighthouse some miles away. there has been numerous give and takes that it could and could not be the lighthouse.
as to the validaty of rendlesham, i leave that up to you and others.
one other thing, the reports etc, were supposedly confiscated shortly after the incident by a nato commander out of germany after which they disappeared.
i would be interested if there are any britons who would be interested in possibly shedding some more light on it

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I chalk thier claims of the offical story of being an effect from a local lighthouse, which was a good distance away, into the scrap bin along with swamp gas, weather balloons, and the planet Venus. No similar incidents had taken palce there before.

Remeber, this is a top secret Nato base with pretty high ranking and high level perssonel, so we can scratch out secret test craft, since they themselves saw pretty much all the toys being played with there and would know what they did and what they looked like. The lighthouse theory doesnt count for alot of things, like strange radiation and equal depressions that ahd burn amrks at the site.

These were not hicks living out in the middle of Kansas, these were top, well trained, highly intelligent govornment/military perssonel in the know, and whatever went on there REALLY freaked them out, and thats what makes this story worthy of so much notice: the players involved.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i don't know about the Top Security bit, I was stations there (TDY Temporary Duty) back in 1981 and again in 1982 and it was fairly lais back in the way of some bases that not on alert all the time.
I tried to see the light house from the field where everyone said all this took place but i could not see it.
I would love to discover irefutible proof of this (or any other siting (crash))
it would start to go along way to answering many many questions that i have had over the years.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
www.virtuallystrange.net...
Note that whilst it's the lighthouse...it's as seen through a starscope (night vision goggles). But of course it's a rational explanation, which has the knee jerk reaction of making people say 'cover-up', 'can't trust the government' etc etc. I saw some strange distant lights on the beach one time that started flashing red and blue and looked very 'mothership about to land'. They were darting all over the place....winking out and appearing further along the horizon. If I had turned around and ran back home as I was tempted to do to raise the alarm...I would of thought that I had seen a bona-fide you-fo...but I would have been wrong. I started walking up the beach and it turned out that it wasn't a mothership in the distance, but 3 fellas night fishing about 250 meters away in the surf. 2 guys were holding either end of a long fishing net, while the 3rd dude had a huge spotlight...and when he would shine the spot from side to side it would reflect from one of dozens of floatation buoys along the net. It sounds stupid...yet from a certain distance the light show looked better than Spielbergs SFX.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by Zero Point]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You keep asking for Brits to shed more light on this story but I am not too sure what you expect to be told.

I doubt very much anyone here can tell you anything you cant find yourself with a good ole google search.

Ironically, the only person who has come forward with actual first hand experience of the base (though not the night in question) is a Texan.

Are you maybe asking if someone was in the vicinity at the time and saw the event? Or maybe knows a parents, friends, aunties, dog groomer who once over-heard a lady talk of her sons, newsagents, boyfriends, satan-controller talk of his 2nd hand experience of teh case?
Sorry if that sounds sarcastic, I dont mean to be sarcastic with you, its just the way these things inevatbly end up. Maybe you could ask if any Brits know a good website which discusses Rendalsham case in detail.

Anyway, now to the real reason of my post. Because I am a sexually-frustrated, pedantic pillock I have to give you the real abbreviation of etcetera, whioch is "etc", not "ect". How ironic, possibly the worst spelling adult on the board, actually correcting someones punctuation and grammer.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Pretty much, triplesod. People who were there, in the vicinity had relatives, or knew some interesting events that occured around the same time.

There are several Brits on ehre who arent online today who have interest in UFOs, I am hoping they will come on eventually and maybe give thier two cents.

I udnerstand your sarcasm, no offense taken, everyone has a right to thier opinion, and Ill be the first to say that there are some ufo sightings that are so friggin comical they arent worth mentioning. But this one was not one of them.

The reason this paticular sighting interests me so much is, for one, the players involved, and 2, the location especially. It didnt happen in the US, but another industrialized world power, and the incident itself is absolutely fascinating, and has recieved so little attention when compared to Roswell, or even many Russian sightings.

My desire in my UFO search is not just American UFO incidents. I want to gather experiences and sightings from around the world, from both internet reports and personal ones. Since the alien phenomina is not one simply confined to America, I feel there are so many untold stories out there in the world that could really add pieces to the puzzle, and need to be shared.

join