It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. opens northern front in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Heard on the news.

4TH Infantry Division, Fort Hood Texas, is going straight to Irak and the 173th Airborn Brigade ( 1000 soldiers ) is now in Northern Irak,helping in their fight the Kurdes against an Al-Q. network muslims terrorist and Saddam troops.

More troops, +/- 30k, will be send in Irak.

WASHINGTON, March 26 (UPI) -- Around 1,000 U.S. Army paratroopers have landed in Kurdish-controlled northern Iraq, the leading edge of what is expected to be the northern front in the war on Saddam Hussein, a military official said Wednesday.

Earlier Wednesday, media embedded with the U.S. military reported that a large column of Iraqi armor perhaps as many as a 1,000 strong was moving south from Baghdad toward Najaf and the U.S. 7th Cavalry of the 3rd Infantry Division. But military officials downplayed the reports.

Link

[Edited on 27-3-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
By the end of April there must be around 120.000 extra troops in Iraq I understand.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I haven't heard 120K, but 30K. Where did you heard that ?

Damn, if we need almost 500K against Irak, I wonder how we need against a country like North-Korea !

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I got it from a Pentagon Official who said that in an interview. It's on the CNN website also.

They need so many because of the way they planned this whole thing, they've underestimated the Iraqi's or they've overestimated their power, pick what you like.

I mean you can't win a war like this so easy, with civilians everywhere, the only way is to sacrifice them.
Will Bush go that far ? He will topple Saddam but at what price ?

top topics

join