It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I forgive Harold Camping and Followers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I forgive Harold Camping, not because of his mistake in his prediction of rapture, but I forgive him with his limit of saved souls with in his prediction.
The only limits are in the mind of a delusional closed minded being. May he and his followers now see the light and know there is no limits, there is no straight directional path, people from all faiths are the chosen as long as they live by the genetic moral code society has laid down for us to live in.

I forgive them and anyone who believes their way is the only way.

peace
edit on 21-5-2011 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
He and his followers are fools.

Followers of nuts like him just NEVER learn do they?

I just wonder how many folks just screwed up their lives in some way thinking this was the end all because of some deluded myth-believing nut guaranteeing the end would be today.

They deserve it for being so god damn dumb.
edit on 21-5-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
can't even call that a prediction. what makes me sick is that people could believe in something so...stupid..
I feel stupid just thinking about it.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
And what "genetic moral code" would that be?. You do realize that more people have died in "holy" wars than all others put together. Would that code be, you don't believe as I do so you must die? My favorite author said it best. Religion is a crutch for people who can't handle the unknown.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

You find yourself to be important enough that people need your personal forgiveness when their beliefs are different from your own?

Interdasting.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Harold Camping achieved one thing that is beyond argument: he is now a bona fide false profit. A tool of the devil. Way to go Harry. Where will that get you when the REAL day comes, eh?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysteryskeptic

peace

All roads up the mountain reach the top, it is just the length and hardships that vary.
there is no right or wrong way, unless you tell yourself there is..
peace.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog

Originally posted by mysteryskeptic

peace

All roads up the mountain reach the top, it is just the length and hardships that vary.
there is no right or wrong way, unless you tell yourself there is..
peace.
Thank you.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
He and his followers are fools.

Followers of nuts like him just NEVER learn do they?

A new meme?

Foollowers

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
You do realize that more people have died in "holy" wars than all others put together.

..You sure about that?

(from wikipedia)
The sources cited in this article document an estimated death toll in World War II of 62 to 78 million, making it the deadliest war ever.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't feel the least bit sorry for him or his followers ..I find it hard to forgive anyone that causes panic and suicides in the name of religion ..He is a false profit and the sad thing is they will keep on believing every word that drops from his mouth.. He will make up an excuse why this didn't happen and they will belive what he says Harold Camping achieved nothing but show he is a nutball and his followers are delusional..In some ways its very sad..

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
People's deluded belief in this nonsense is a sign they don't have much to lose somehow, right?

I mean, if you give away everything you own for a mistaken belief, regardless of what that belief might be, it means there is something that made you want to do that in the first place. It's not normal to want to abandon everything, give up everything. It's a sign something is very very, very wrong.

So the question to me is: What is wrong with these people's lives in the first place to make them want to believe this? Maybe its just general human misery and stupidity, I mean people have always believed in this kind of thing, as pointed out already in this thread. But I think its a symptom of social/cultural breakdown. The norms of society are fraying. People are losing their faith and trust in other areas of life: business, education, politics, culture, it all seems to have gone so horribly wrong somehow and people are just fleeing in terror, lashing out, or just reaching out for something to hold onto and they grab onto this crap,

I expect to see a lot more of this in the future.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I would like to hear a whole-hearted apology and a promise to stop predicting what he does not know. Wouldnt it be ironic if Jesus came tomorrow, a time when people least expect Him to come?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Those that believe him make that choice all on their own. HE caused no panick. People that cannot think on their own caused it for themselves. If they quit their Jobs, gave away their savings, etc, etc. it is soley on each of them individualy.

join