It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seven Planets as They Appeared on The Day The Earth Supposedly Ended

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Seven planets, Mars, Venus, Mercury, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto appeared in the early morning sky of May 21, 2011, the day that some believed was the end of the world. Read more: scienceray.com...

Six planets were visible in the pre dawn sky of May 21, 2011, the day some people tagged as the end of the world. (Neave Planetarium screen capture) To many people, the sky holds many secrets and messages for those living on earth. Because of a curious alignment of seven planets on the 21st of May, 2011, some groups of people thought the end of the world or the beginning of Judgment Day was near. I took the chance to see those planets myself close together in the sky. I first checked them out before sunrise on May 16, 2011, and saw Mars, Venus, Mercury, and Jupiter clumped together in Pisces (below). I took a photo with my cellphone, which was only able to capture two of the brighter planets. There were other more impressive clumpings when two or three of the planets almost touched, but I didn’t get the chance to view these formations. Read more: scienceray.com...

It shows how at least four planets – Mars, Venus, Mercury, and Jupiter will be seen together in the early morning hours of May 21, 2011. Unfortunately, luck wasn’t with me on the 21st, because clouds were in the way. The four brighter planets, Mars, Venus, Mercury, and Jupiter, are shown in the Planetarium screenshot between the constellations Aries, Pisces, and Cetus. Aries, as we all know, is the god of war, and so is Mars. Pisces, on the other hand, is a pair of fishes that live in water just like Cetus beside it, which is a sea monster. Uranus, the ancient Greek deity of the sky, is between Pisces and Cetus. Neptune (not visible in the Planetarium screen capture), is in Aquarius, another water sign. Pluto, the seventh planet from the Eastern horizon, accompanies the waning gibbous moon between the constellations Scutum and Sagittarius. On that day, which was identified as doomsday by some people, five of the planets, Mars, Venus, Mercury, Jupiter, and Neptune, were in a region of the sky known as The Water. Based on Mesopotamian mythology, this is also where the sea monster, Tiamat, resides. Tiamat, which has been associated with the constellation Cetus, is considered a monster of chaos and the primal goddess of the ocean, among other things. According to myth, the body of Tiamat formed the earth’s lands and seas. While it’s fascinating to hear about the ancient stories of these planets and constellations in the sky which appeared on May 21, 2011, we have to remember that they’re just stories and do not really mean or relate to anything. Taking the planetary formation as a sign that the world is ending may be a stretch. So, why not just enjoy the sights that the night sky offers and be inspired by them?

The morning sky at the end of the Mayan calendar on Dec. 21, 2012 – seven planets align. (Graphics from Neave Planetarium app) It is said that the world ends again on December 21, 2012, the end of the Mayan calendar. On that day, seven planets will be in the sky together with the sun and a waxing gibbous moon at 12:30 in the afternoon (Jupiter sets early at 4:54 am).

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
And........ what are your thoughts on this?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
To quote a professional

alignments of one sort or another happen all the time and have for 5 billion years, and they have NO effect on the Earth, despite what some kooks and con artists say. The gravitational attraction of anything other than the Sun and the Moon on the Earth is essentially negligible. The energy required to actually flip the spin axis of the Earth is huge, due to something called conservation of angular momentum. The magnetic field of the Earth does flip aperiodically, and actually we are long overdue, but the alignment of the planets will have nothing to do with it. The magnetic field flip probably has its origin in the turbulent magma dynamo that generates the magnetic field. The term for this alignment phenomenon is "hoax". Dr. Eric Christian

This is a response from a question asked in the year 2000. I think we should leave the astronomy to the experts

Source

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antinwo101

Nice....I love the connection without being all "I told you so" about it. Great post and I am definitely giving you a S&F

Keep up the keen observations

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think your post is very interesting.

I haven't seen anyone mention this information so far.

The astrology must be quite stellar...

Might we have some input from professional astrologers out there who can compare the two alignments (2011/2012)?

top topics

join