It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Iraq Oil Pipeline Bombed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Part of the main oil pipline from northern Iraq to the Turkish city of Ceyhan has been bombed by terrorists. A planted explosive device caused huge fires and destroyed part of the pipline itself. This pipline was one of the major piplines in Iraq and this attack is causing a major decline in exports, adding to the growing worldwide oil crisis.

www.iht.com
The International Herald Tribune

Key Iraqi oil pipeline is bombed
Compiled by Our Staff From Dispatches AFP, AP
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

KIRKUK, Iraq Saboteurs bombed a northern oil pipeline on Tuesday, halting oil exports to the Turkish port of Ceyhan, an official of the state-run oil company said.

"An improvised explosive device was placed close to a network of pipelines at the level of Fatta, west of Kirkuk, causing a big explosion and huge fires that damaged the main pipeline running to Ceyhan and stopped exports," Nasir Qassim, a logistics and security official with the Northern Oil Company, said in an interview with Agence France-Presse.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Through the pipline hit today, Iraq exports 250,000 barrels of oil a day through the Turkish port city. While this is a major setback, most of Iraq's oil comes from the southern part of the country. At this time, fires from the attack are still raging but not in the immediate area of the pipline itself.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[edit on 3-8-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[edit on 8/3/2004 by lockheed]

[edit on 8-4-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
From christan churches to oil pipelines all in a days work for the citizens of Iraq. Every day they blow something up just to keep the US led forces and the interim government of Iraq off balance.
Tomorrow they will probably blow up a hospital or school.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
From christan churches to oil pipelines all in a days work for the citizens of Iraq. Every day they blow something up just to keep the US led forces and the interim government of Iraq off balance.
Tomorrow they will probably blow up a hospital or school.

Anyone that knows what happened in Kosovo since 1999, should know that sometime after the occupation the christians would be forced to flee their ancestral lands.

But few people realise that the occupation of Iraq is not related to oil. NATO knew very well that in the age of RPGs and Kalaschnikovs, it would be impossible to secure the oil in Iraq.

It was all explained in 1999. Check it here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

df1

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott
But few people realise that the occupation of Iraq is not related to oil. NATO knew very well that in the age of RPGs and Kalaschnikovs, it would be impossible to secure the oil in Iraq.

The occupation is about nothing other than oil. Perhaps the oil can not be secured in the short term, but oil is not a short term issue. Also Iraq is not a NATO operation, it is a coalition of the willing which explains your fundamental misunderstanding of the situation. It is no wonder that politicians lead the public around by a ring in the nose.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Although it is a big tragedy that it was lost.... It still in a sense is better for us. If we dont change, or at least get rid of our current energy source (oil) than we are just polluting our planet even more than it already is. I am not glad that this has happend, but i am not greeving becuase the less of the stuff we have to burn (although it did) the better. Depriving ourselves can have a could outcome.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKillallott
Although it is a big tragedy that it was lost.... It still in a sense is better for us. If we dont change, or at least get rid of our current energy source (oil) than we are just polluting our planet even more than it already is. I am not glad that this has happend, but i am not greeving becuase the less of the stuff we have to burn (although it did) the better. Depriving ourselves can have a could outcome.
I totally agree, its time that everyone got off their butts and found some new solutions, not sit around doing whats easy for a change.

though, this still is a big waste, I dont deny it.

though, bombing something is never a reasonable thing to do.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKillallott

Drop ten gallons of crude into a water well supply and pollute it to the point where it is unpotable and you affect tens of thousands of people. Set the pipeline on fire and pollute the air for all living beings.

It is not better for us in any sense. All it will do in the long run is to drive prices higher and destroy the environment.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Originally posted by MattMarriott

Perhaps the oil can not be secured in the short term, but oil is not a short term issue.

Did you read the link ?

With a simple calculation that a 10 year old would be able to perform.
Part of that calculation shows that the European North Sea Oil Production would come to an end sometime during 2004.
We are now living this time : Dated Brent breaks $43 and comes within less than $1 close to NYMEX crude.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
MattMarriott,

Yes you are right about that I see another exodus in the middle east.

And for the oil well as long as US forces remaind in Iraq oil production will be disrupted. After all most people in Iraq believe that is the reason US invaded them.

top topics

join