It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 21 the "End of the World" (the Media)? Or the"Rapture" (Harold Camping)? Two beliefs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I've been noticing the news media announcing May 21st as "Doomsday" and "End of the World" yet I've had the belief that it was the date that Harold Camping and his followers thought the Rapture would take place...

At which point did it change or are there two distinct beliefs for that date?

Please help clear this up...

edit on 20-5-2011 by ghr54321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ghr54321

Its not doomsday, that is not "supposedly" until december 2012! I only just found out about this rapture thing, so my guess is that it is that mate...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
As someone else said, it will be a "Premature Raptulation"

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Harold also has a problem with time zones as Australia for eg will have ended 21st in only 10 hours and the East Coast of the US still has 2 hours to begin. Does God treat dates and tiem zones differently. Do Americans think the world revolves around them? (silly question I know, they'd never do that - surely!)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ghr54321

Here is a link to an interview of Harold Camping on May 11, 2011. I hope this helps.

nymag.com...

and also...a link to a world wide website of global times and dates:

www.timeanddate.com...

I live on the west coast and the furthest city I could see is Brisbane, Austrialia....it will be 6pm Sat. May 21, 2011 at 1am pacific standard time on May 21, 2011

new topics

top topics

join