It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is profiting from the end of time predictions, they are call Armageddon entrepreneurs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Armageddon is for sell,

Well as usual this event is an event that will bring some profits for those that knows how to capitalized in it.

Armageddon entrepreneurs This people are televangelist, book writers and Churches are busy already creating and selling their own paraphernalia for those that are willing to spend a few dollars to read more on how the end will come.

Some known persons are,

Already, the first quarter of 2011 is a bull market for these end times predictors. RaptureReady.com - a website with a customized index predicting how close we are to the end - had its busiest February ever. And publisher Tyndale House has begun ramping up plans for new editions of its blockbuster "Left Behind" series.

"The Twelfth Imam, Joel Rosenberg's latest prophecy-related novel, is gaining momentum again after its initial release last year," Endody said. "We were pleasantly surprised to find out that Joel's Epicenter Conference in Jerusalem is totally sold out, over two months in advance of the event."

This latest wave of turmoil is prompting some pastors, like John Hagee of San Antonio, Texas, to use their websites to promote their ideas, along with links to materials for purchase.

Hagee is a popular televangelist and senior pastor of the 19,000 member Cornerstone Church. His website offers a DVD called "Financial Armageddon" for $12 and is signing up registrations for a prophesy seminar in Sacramento in April for $10.

Daniel Wojcik is an English professor at the University of Oregon and the author of "The End of the World As We Know It: Faith, Fatalism, and Apocalypse in America."

This and more are capitalizing on those that truly believe the end of the world and the rapture is near.

So if you have money to spear, after all the world is ending you will not mind enriching the coffers of the Armageddon entrepreneurs.

finance.yahoo.com...

edit on 20-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well I notice that the guy predicting the 'rapture' for the 21st has a 'Donate' button on his website. Worth $70Million by all accounts. He must be on to something. Perhaps you need to 'slip the doorman' a "Benji" to cut the line.

If all else fails, there must be one of those 'portable' ATMs set up outside the pearly gates. Take your wallet to the rapture. Good advice. Just in case.

If he's right, then I'll be undergoing some sort of five month process elsewhere. Hope room and board are included in this, and I'd better get a nice framed certificate at the end of it.

I was kind of hoping I'd go with a sword in my hand, like a viking. Then it's immediately off to Valhalla and the halls of Asgard for some beer, barbecue and intense rogering. Or something. Not sure. Never really one for religions, and that sounded good to me.

Who's profiting? Everyone who promises you something without actually letting you see what it is. Evangelists are in that group. Salesmen of doom, but there's a silver lining - honestly! - if you cut me a check...
Would you join a club that wouldn't show you around the facilities first?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Churches and religious leaders have been milking the sheep for as long as i can remember.

Billy grahams, etc..

Does not bother me cause I aint giving anything to anyone.

if people are stupid and ignorant, let them learn their lessons i say.

edit on 20-5-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

10,000 lead by the rapture crew

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

Thanks for that post, you know is funny that those that are predicting doomsday and selling it are already cementing their future with profits, meaning they actually are not by any means counting on a near end of day future.

The believers will get broke while the promoters will get richer.

And people still doesn't grasp the whole irony here.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If it gets airtime on the news then its most likely fake. The Rapture on May 21 is about as fake as it gets. The news organizations love to find a bunch of whack jobs and pass them off as Christians. It's laughable.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Interesting that it wasn't until I click on the link in your signature that I realized how big the whole event is becoming and how worldwide spread is.

No wonder the Armageddon entrepreneurs are getting rich.

edit on 20-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
Churches and religious leaders have been milking the sheep for as long as i can remember.

Billy grahams, etc..

Does not bother me cause I aint giving anything to anyone.

if people are stupid and ignorant, let them learn their lessons i say.

This is the kind of crap that creates Atheist . People just stop believing in ALL religions because of stuff like this.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This will either make you laugh or cry but probably both (out of disbelief)

Check This Out!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Haha...yes. That's what I was going to post. Remember this? Atheists To Save Pets After The Rapture

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I wonder how many people have sent them money

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

You got to be out of your mind to pay for something like that, that site is full of crap, so now they are accepting payments for the care of the loves ones pets that will be left behind with the rapture.

Pay pal has priority.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Fantastic!

Problem is, the people who would be looking after the pets will, apparently, be attending the 'tribulation.' Perhaps they have day release to go feed the pets of the saved. Better ask. Maybe you get extra credit.

Is there a loophole for those believers who will be 'martyred' during the rapture? Maybe they get to take their pets. What about guide dogs?

Not sure they've fully thought this through... Anyway, we'll soon know. My neighbors are Jewish, so I'll have some time on their hands before I have to feed their dogs.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

They are out of their minds. Anything is possible with the thoughts that seems to be going around on this.

These people are dangeorus in my opinion.

And the perps of the scam are dangerous too for obvious reasons

One can not be responsible for anyone elses beliefs. These people choose to believe

They Choose. They also chose to be mislead.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
How the Armageddon entrepreneurs work is actually very simple and anybody can cash on the money give away that willing believers pay to listen to you,

Everybody looks around the are trying to match anything that is in current events to bible prophecies.

Do you know that those promoting the rapture have a Rapture index to measure how many people are going for it as they scan the web for rapture news.

This people become easy target to exploitation.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I have just launced a new business.

Its called Guessing's Post Rapture Councilling Services

Did you:

Miss out this time? Do not despair as there is another chance....

Have you:

Lost a loved in the Rapture?

We can help you with our services, easy payment plan, confidential.

Exclusive offers for the first 1000 people to call now.

CALL NOW !!!!!
555 666 666

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

You rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear if you put that in a very nice side with Jesus as you background you will get a lot of hits, this hits will go into the Rapture meter and that tells you how many profits you can make selling your services and if you accept paypal the better.

top topics

join