It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for anyone with some kind of medical backgound.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
OK let me try to post this as best as I can.
Normally when you close your eyes in a semi lit room you can still see brightness against your eyelids. Not real light or dark but enough where you can tell there is still some source of light on.
What can cause it to seem like it is totality black with no light source and much darker if you squeeze your eyes tighter? It is more like having a mask secured over your eyes and going in a dark room if you understand what I am trying to say.
Hopefully someone can give me some input as to what I am trying to find out here, Thanks for any ideas or input you you can think of, just curious here.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well, I do have a visual experiment for you. Take a flashlight, turn it on, and press the lit end agains the back of your hand - it helps if you're in the dark. You should see a red glow on the front of your hand. This visual works better with your fingers actually, but the result is the same. Your skin is more like a membrane than anything, so it's actually opaque rather than solid in color. This is partially why we have a natural rosey hue in our skin tone - as the color of our flesh and fatty tissue shows through. Your eye lids are just that: a membrane. When you squint tighter all you are really doing is wrinkling the skin and the wrinkles fold on themselves, creating a new layer separating light from your eyes.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightwhosaysNi

Did your experiment and can see the light tru finger's and upper hand just fine. So, What you are implying is I am getting a thicker membrane over my eyelids than I had? Is that a good thing or not? Reason I ask I am documenting any type of skin or body changes due from my cancer.
Thanks for your help.

Where is the after the rapture party being held? I am open for either side.......

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonsbreaths

As far as I am aware, the only instances where the skin changes due to cancer are either skin cancer or breast cancer. Cancer cells usually do not spread quite that much. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of cancer do you have?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KnightwhosaysNi

They have diagnosed it as late stage metastatic malignant melanoma. So it is a form of skin cancer, I must remember to ask one of the doctors how common it is then.
Thanks

new topics

top topics

join