It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Passenger Removed From Plane - In FBI Custody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Removed from Virgin Airlines in San Francisco Internation airport, a "person of interest" is now in the custody of the FBI. No further details were available.

www.mercurynews.com
An unruly passenger removed Monday from a Virgin Airlines plane at San Francisco International Airport is now in FBI custody.

The man is a "person of interest" to the FBI, said San Francisco police Sgt. Larry Ratti. He would not elaborate, referring questions to federal authorities. FBI officials could not be reached for comment.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Sgt. Larry Ratti would not elaborate on the incident, he referred all inquiries to the federal authorities.

I wonder why there is no more information about this. What are they hiding and why isn't the FBI commenting on this story?

(note: this story is upgraded to simple "news" status until we see follow-up reports.)

[edit on 3-8-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
this could be an interesting development especially since it was only today that it was found out that the TransAmerican Building in San Francisco is also a target in the latest threat.

btw, i haven't heard a thing on my news coverage here.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a side note

back to the topic, was the pasenger removed for being "unruly" or was he (or she) removed for being a "person of interest?" (whatever that is).

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
A person of interest has to be a minority of some kind. He's probably a musician frm Syria.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
An update

Apparently the man was drunk and causing disturbances on the plane. Witness say they saw five people with Romanian passports brought to the front of the plane and removed.

www.mercurynews.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I would think that if the guy was a terrorist, he would not be unruly as not to attract attention to himself. Airlines will remove someone that is unruly and probably just due to the increased terror altert, the FBI is interested. Probably this will turn out to be nothing again, but better safe than sorry I guess.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm with you JC... I'll bet this just turns out to be an "unruly" passenger... however, maybe it was someon who the FBI was looking for ?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Considering that suicidal jihadi's don't drink alcohol, its just another justification for removing a passanger. Slap the "terrorist" label on a passanger and you are free to do anything you want with them.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
...... maybe it was someon who the FBI was looking for ?

That could be true, or they made some stupid comment about bombing a plane or something stupid like that which made them a "person of interest" or the person was simply of Arabic origin.

My guess.... Just an unruly passenger...... Either way, I would not want to be in his shoes right now.... ha ha

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JCMinJapan
I would think that if the guy was a terrorist, he would not be unruly as not to attract attention to himself.

Perhaps that was the point? To attract attention to himself to that the 5 people the witnesses saw could do what they needed to do without anyone noticing, because all eyes are on the "unruly" passenger?

new topics

top topics

join