It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: Pakistani airmen sabotaging F-16s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

WikiLeaks: Pakistani airmen sabotaging F-16s

www.ndtv.com

New Delhi: A WikiLeaks cable, which NDTV has exclusive access to, says Pakistan's airmen were being radicalised and were sabotaging Pakistani F-16s deployed for security operations along the Afghan border. (Read Cable: Pakistan cable on visiting US officials being briefed on F-16s)

The cable, sent in March 2006 from the US embassy to Washington, quotes Pakistan's then Deputy Chief of Air Staff for Operations, Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Khalid Chaudhry, as saying that the airmen, most of whom came from rural villages, were being radicalised by extremist Islamic clerics. The cable quotes AVM C
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
How can we honestly allow such high tech equipment to be sold to a country that cannot keep it away from the very people we are trying to combat? Surely if the Pakistani government cannot control it's armed forces and filter out those who have been radicalised far more thoroughly than they have so far, we have to stop supplying them with both equipment and aid? especially given how they seemed to have turned more than a blind eye to bin laden and his family living in their country for many years?

www.ndtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

surprised???....Anyone?.....Nah I didn't think anyone was surprised.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just shows how clueless the US has been in their "war on terror". Too bad none of this was leaked back when it would have mattered.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
And boy are those things expensive.

I can't say that I know for sure, but it seems they don't do much of a background or loyalty check on their military personnel. Why we would let any of them near any of our planes is beyond me.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Just shows how clueless the US has been in their "war on terror". Too bad none of this was leaked back when it would have mattered.

You are nicer than I am. I dont think we are that clueless. I personally think that we have been fighting both sides of the war on terror because some people have been getting very rich doing so.

But thats just me.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

How can we honestly allow such high tech equipment to be sold to a country that cannot keep it away from the very people we are trying to combat?

I thought we were funding both sides?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Im not suprised, whether its afghan policemen gunning down our soldiers or this, the war against islamic extremism is unwinable.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I wasn't going to "go there".....

but I'm glad someone did!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm not surprised either.

I don't understand how people can justify the US still being in the Middle East at all anymore, let alone invading and threatening to invade even more countries than the ones we're already in.

I hope everyone over there "radicalizes," but I don't think I have to hope very hard for that to happen anyway. All it takes is for you to be human and have a soul, and after seeing so much of what the US is actually doing over there, you would be sabotaging their F-16s too.
edit on 20-5-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

High tech to Pakistan, not the US and a few other countries. There are several different versions of the F-16, same with the F-15 as well.

When we sell those items, they are generally earlier generation of the aircraft that dont have the latest technology, sensors suites, weapons capabilities etc.

They bought em, let em destroy them. This might be one of the reasons China just gave Pakistan 50 fighter aircraft.. The nonsense about the US occupying Pakistan is funny.. If anything, I would be more concerned with China occupying Pakistan.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

.... The nonsense about the US occupying Pakistan is funny.. If anything, I would be more concerned with China occupying Pakistan.

Let's up the ante... how about Pakistan and China occupying India?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Thats a very real scenario that I see more probable than Pakistan being occupied byt either the US or China.

China and India have some very problematic border issues.

Pakistan and India just hate each other...

3 wars so far between China and India with no resolution. Pakistan just recently ceded some territory to China near Kashmir.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
And boy are those things expensive.

I can't say that I know for sure, but it seems they don't do much of a background or loyalty check on their military personnel. Why we would let any of them near any of our planes is beyond me.

Because from the US Air-force and defense contractor point of view they are expensive muskets.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Originally posted by solidshot

How can we honestly allow such high tech equipment to be sold to a country that cannot keep it away from the very people we are trying to combat?

I thought we were funding both sides?

The question is, were these F-16s deployed to bomb the Taliban or to patrol and protect Pakistanian airspace? Because if it's the latter, then it shouldn't be hard to guess who is behind this.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
THIS surprises anyone when they caught Bin Laden in a place where only Pakistani Military live? THIS?? REALLY?? I think the U.S only has Pakistan onboard is to entertain the idea of a terrorist state vs a terrorist organization... I bet it was a Rockerfeller Bet

top topics

join