It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain revolution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Latest video explaining some of disinfo by the politicians and MSM

very nice

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Hi MMIMO!

I may as well post this here from the 'El Pais newspaper in English' for those who want to read more regarding the manifestation and perhaps check for any updates.

Youth protests continue across Spain despite election weekend ban

The Supreme Court turns down 11th-hour appeal filed by the United Left against the prohibition; Madrid's Sol square filled by up to 30,000 demonstrators as Valencia, Málaga and Barcelona sit-in numbers swell; government decides not to send in security forces

Protests in Madrid's Puerta del Sol and in more than 150 other cities across Spain continued on Friday and into Saturday morning despite a ruling by the country's electoral board prohibiting any types of demonstrations before Sunday's local and regional elections races.

Deputy Prime Minister Alfredo Rubalcaba did not say on Friday how the law enforcement authorities would act, but suggested to reporters that the police would not dislodge the demonstrators who are camped out in Madrid's Sol square.

"What we are going to do is fulfill the constitutional mandate and the security forces will uphold the laws, and for that reason, we will act in a timely fashion with conformity and proportionality. We don't want to create another problem, or even two or three more," he said.

Earlier on Friday, Zapatero said in a radio interview that the government would act "intelligently" in its dealings with the illegal protests.

In the end, security forces limited their actions after midnight to informing the protest leaders that the sit-ins were now illegal.

El Pais - English

www.elpais.com...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Support from major cities in Europe

Paris

London

Brussels

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
High resolution photos
www.theatlantic.com...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Originally posted by Krzyzmo
One day, it will be our turn in America.
Go Spain!!

One day, we will HAVE TOO do this at once as one. Wanna make a change?

(But yeah go spain, I just want us al to get infected. Freedom virus.)
edit on 20-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

does anyone in america really see anything like this happening? no one really gives a # here. and the media would portray the protests as just some lazy youths. Im pretty sure i remember hearing about how Vietnam Vet. protesters got shot for there protests. and who gave a # then?
I say go Spain and the rest of the world while you still can

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Wonder when the US will have a revolution...? It's full of crap right now and it's been crap for a while. I see no improvement. Hopefully, the people of Spain are able to get what they want.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
High resolution photos
www.theatlantic.com...

Thanks for the link xavi - excellent and beautiful High res photos!

I reposted that photo-link in the other thread with the cred to you and this thread of yours - hope this is okey with you?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Originally posted by xavi1000
High resolution photos
www.theatlantic.com...

Thanks for the link xavi - excellent and beautiful High res photos!

I reposted that photo-link in the other thread with the cred to you and this thread of yours - hope this is okey with you?

afcourse is ok ...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

In Spain's most politically conservative of cities, an unexpected and growing revolt - against the status quo, established political institutions, and against the old acceptance that nothing much will ever change. The country's ruling party is facing growing anger over Spain's economic problems, and many people shunned the polls and chosen to protest instead. Al Jazeera's Tim Friend reports from Madrid

edit on 23-5-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Walking through the makeshift village at Sol leaves one with a mix of feelings today.I don't know where this will lead to in the coming days or weeks.....What I saw was a lot of ideas being posted every where you looked it was inescapable.There were tent/ed areas, a child daycare where children were drawing.There was a workshop area for the making of signs,areas for water and food, a library area to read and relax and discuss. There was tape on the ground all over to direct traffic.The vibe was genuine with people showing concern for one another helping each other out giving each other water and the basic necessities. I chose this day to go because over the weekend there was just too many people there and I didn't have the time with my responsibilities.I think towards the end of the week people will keep returning to be heard.I also noticed police in the area but they were just hanging out and talking like regular people. They were also doing searches of the manholes in the areas as I entered towards Sol.These are just some of the things I saw.When I go for my jogs after work I'll go to Sol and just see how things are going and try to keep you guys updated.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
spain today

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well it's raining pretty hard here in madrid.
Might put a damper on things.
I just talked to a few people and they say those fotos are from barcelona.
Lets see how things go
edit on 27-5-2011 by A por uvas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Just saw a report on antena 3 and came here for more info, thanks for the the links guys, keep posting what you can. I'm horrified, after sitting watching police beat people who are lying on the ground/women/elderly people. I actually feel sick. I hope this is making news on interntaional channels?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
www.20minutos.tv...

Just started a thread about fase 2. The violence begins.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
www.20minutos.tv...

Just started a thread about fase 2. The violence begins.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

tnx for that thread ...brutality started

64 injured for now

www.flickr.com...
edit on 27-5-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join