It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we ease up on the u2u flood control trigger a tad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Greetings and thanks for ATS.

Just wondering if we can ease up on the u2u flood control trigger a tad? Having a flood control alert at a third u2u send may be a hair on the conservative side imho. We aren't always fighting when we send u2u's, as I could see being a protective rationale. Nor are we conspiring and in need of "control" always. I don't think we can get into too much mischief with a few chatting messages. We are, sometimes, just innocently, collaborating in preparations for future informational posts for our readers...honest.

Just asking. Thanks in advance for the consideration.

Peace
DWW

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I get flood control after just one U2U. It's really annoying. I can't send a second U2U until the allotted time gap has elapsed. What's it all about?
edit on 18-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Haha. I know what you mean. I feel like I'm being penalized for spamming with one U2U.

2nd.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It does seem a little over the top. It would be nice if they relaxed it just a bit...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yeah I once sent a U2U to someone I was having a heated debate with in a thread to let them know it was cool and I was playing devil's advocate. Anyway I typed the first sentence and accidentally hit enter sending it before I could clarify while waiting for the flood control... all of the sudden the wife is yelling we had to leave that instant or be late to a family function... "Hold on I need to do something on ATS" doesn't fly.

Anyway the flood control was really annoying and the person thought I was nuts.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Jinglelord because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The u2u flood control trigger is a means of lessening the amount of stress on the servers. You can still send all the messages you would like, you just need to be a little more patient.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

As we figured, there is a reason for this flood control, however, that doesn't really address the question. It still seems excessive. Flood control makes any timely conversation in u2u virtually impossible. Surely, that is not the intent of the u2u function. Could it be made more into a private chat? The question was, would ATS consider easing up on the narrow flood control trigger? I appreciate the input, but the question remains.

Is it something that could be considered? It is hard to tell from your reply whether that means this question becomes a question ATS considers or if "have more patience" is the only response and consideration is out of the question.

Again, I just ask that it be added to a list of things members feel would improve our communication and posting on ATS. Thanks in advance for the help if any can be given down the road.. It is much appreciated.

Peace
DWW

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Consider it a compromise, if you will. A little wait time between messages is a lot better than overloaded servers and lag time on the main boards. It's the lesser of two evils.

The owners of this site do their very best to provide a great forum with bonus features such as u2u's, chat and a space to load your images, videos, etc. All free to its members.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I never really talk with people over U2U so I'm not really sure what the time limit is, anyone know specifically?

One positive I could see, if you are having a heated debate with someone, it will give you some extra time to think about what you are saying, and perhaps even calm down a bit and delete something in your message that you would have regretted. That's always a good thing.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Sorry your servers are so maxed out then, as to prevent consideration. I had no idea the ATS servers were in such a precarious state. And, yes, I know and appreciate the numerous value-added services available, free of charge, to members on ATS. I started my OP with a thanks for ATS. Thanks for the membership benefit recap.

I hope those server problems work out for you guys in the long run. On my desk I keep what I call a "tomorrow" file. In this file are things that cannot be done now, but have value to people. like members who also contribute free of charge, if they are ever able to be addressed in the future. If ATS has a "tomorrow" file...and those maxed out servers get biggied up someday, I will just leave it that the u2u function could use some love.

I appreciate that a mod took the time to reply. I know you are volunteer as well and all of your efforts on this board are appreciated.

Citizen moving along...

Peace
DWW

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Apparently the flood control is to allowed the squirrels on the running mill to take a break!

I sent a reply U2U to a member and I actually sent the U2U and it was was blank.

They probably think I am a little off or something.

top topics

join