It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck calls for a “Rally to Restore Courage” in Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I thought about putting this in the religious/spiritual section, seeing as Mr. Beck will certainly make this into just another one of his dogmatic escapades. However, I decided that it would be better suited for political madness.

Apparently, Mr. Beck is calling for a “Rally to Restore Courage” in Jerusalem this summer. He broke the news through his radio program, explaining through a cracking and obnoxiously emotional voice that (I am going off of memory, so I am paraphrasing here) “we must stand with people of all faith and say ‘never again.’” The ‘never again’ is a reference to what he believes to be an upcoming conflict that will arise from a two-state solution.

I am not a fan of Beck; I believe him to be just another self-righteous grandstanding creep, capitalizing off of fear and paranoia while undoubtedly getting sucked up into his own paranoid rhetoric. Fortunately, I do believe that people are waking up to his fear mongering as well as his severe lack of knowledge and credibility. I only listened to him this morning accidently, forgetting that my local AM radio station actually broadcasts this moronic buffoon.

edit on 16-5-2011 by Judge_Holden because: fluffy

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well, i personally do not see loss of courage. So thanks for the idea, but i fail to see how it is nessecary. The way i see it - there will be Palestinian state announced this year. There will be certainly clashes over land. But it is not 1948, nor 1967. Not even 1973. Just another round of interesting times. I do not have to fly to Jerusalem, i live there. But i doubt very much that i will go to this rally.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Selfless bump.

Otherwise, I guess I need to start making better threads

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden
Selfless bump.

Otherwise, I guess I need to start making better threads

Your thread has only been up for like a 1/2 an hour chill. Beck has been a long supporter of Israel so this doesn't come as a surprise to me. Although I am not to knowledgeable to this current situation so I will have to hold any other judgments till I have time to read the whole story.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden

Anyway, I have obviously stated how I feel about this odd event; now it’s your turn—what do you think? Would you want to fly off to Israel to hold hands with a sweating, emotional Glenn Beck? Do you think this rally will accomplish anything?

No, I would not "fly off to Israel" for any reason, let alone to "hold hands" with Beck.

And no, I do not think this rally will accomplish any more than sending boats that everyone knows will not be allowed to dock in Israel.

And yes, I gave you the star for your later comment on how you write your threads.

edit on 5/16/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I guess I just wanted to put down some basic discussion points; I was afraid that people viewing my thread may say "so what?" or "what is your point?"

This is literally the second thread I have ever started, so I'm still learning. Please forgive the rookieness.

top topics

join