It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebels fail to get full diplomatic recognition from White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Rebels fail to get full diplomatic recognition from White House

www.france24.com

Following a meeting with the National Security Advisor Tom Donilon Friday, the US said it will not be giving the National Transitional Council full diplomatic recognition for now even though it views it as the “legitimate” voice of the Libyan people. Following a meeting with the National Security Advisor Tom Donilon Friday, the US said it will not be giving the National Transitional Council full diplomatic recognition for now even though it views it as the “legitimate” voice of the Libyan peopleBut the White House, which has said it is up to Libyans and not the outside world to choose
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.myfoxaustin.c om
www.newser.com
en.wikipedia.org

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Ok So they say that the Rebels are "legitimate" and "credible" but they won't get full diplomatic recognition from the obama administration anytime soon. Is this because some of these rebels are just like the Afghan mujahideen (now "al Qaeda") we do have CIA on the ground helping the rebels.And they are going to re write some laws so they can use Gaddafi money to fund the rebels. Are these rebels pro-west? Im all for freedom . i just don't want the wrong people to be in power over there.

www.france24.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

No, it just shows that Obama didnt do his homework, and has no clue what the hell he is doing. I am not surprized, I don't think anybody here is...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
To ignore the rebels, cheapens our interdiction and lessens the impact that NATO might have.

Personally, I wish we'd never gotten involved in the first place.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
To ignore the rebels, cheapens our interdiction and lessens the impact that NATO might have.

Personally, I wish we'd never gotten involved in the first place.

thats a good point it must be sending some frustrating signals to the rebels and people wanting gaddafi gone. Sort of reminds me of Senior bush telling the Iraqi people to rise up against Saddam and then they get slaughtered (not exactly like that i know)

new topics

top topics

join