It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Boom in Virginia Likely a Meteor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Tuesday evening, residents across Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Suffolk, Va., dialed 911 to report what sounded what a large explosion. Today, a NASA scientist explained that it might have been a meteor.

The area is home to several military bases, so residents are accustomed to loud sounds. This was out of the ordinary, though; several 911 callers reported a loud noise that rattled their screen doors and windows. One woman told the local television station, WAVY, that it felt like an earthquake.

That's not uncharacteristic for a sonic boom created by a meteor, said Joe Zawodny, a senior research scientist at NASA Langley Research Center.

While I guess this could explain the phenomena, I'm curious what others think. The location would give some reason to suspect any "official story".

"There's no doubt in my mind that it's consistent with a supersonic rock, or something else coming in from space," Zawodny said.

There was a guy on here who had a different theory...

I think the sound/rumble was a sonic boom created by the secret X-37b re-entering the atmosphere and landing at NAS Oceana.

Check It Out

Source
edit on 5/13/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Anything else strange get reported? Craters? Lots of military to prevent contamination on some Andromeda Strain status? How about anyone around that area; go snooping?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by agentofchaos

I haven't been able to find any related news as of yet. I will post it here when I do.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
"NASA scientist explained that it might have been a meteor."

MIGHT have been???

Do they not have an eye on the sky?

How many telescopes out there and on the ground??

Do they not track EVERY object that comes close-ish to Earth?

They can tell when the sun storms and when the comets come by but they say it MIGHT have been a meteor!

I doubt it!

new topics

top topics

join