It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Teaching BB Theory & "Creationism" Teach The Truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
My simple 2 cents?

Keep it all neutral. Not shoved down kids throats. I remember back in my Secondary School in Religious Education, this teacher we had for one year. She was wacko to put it bluntly, if you was a Satanist, she'd send you out and tell you not to go to her lessons.

Any bad behaviour, she'd threaten us, by saying that we'll end up in hell due to "Sinning." Or she'd put her hand on your head and start talking about the passion of Christ and such. In the end she got sackedfired for slapping a student in belief that the student was possessed... But what my point is, I was almost being forced to believe in Christianity. These days the children don't seem to be getting a choice. It seems to be one or the other. Or your classed as like someone said, that outcast. The black sheep that strayed from the Shepherds herd.

I see it wrong when it comes to Christeningother religious birth celebrations in my eyes. Along with anyone making a child force to follow a Religion. For instance: Christian parents, have a child. Child reaches 5 years old. The parents tell their child that it's mandatory to pray at 7am every day.

I'm not saying that if parent's we're religious, that when they have a child they have to stop their belief's. I'm saying they should respect that it's a child and should leave the child to choose what they wan't to believe in when they reach their own age of deciding.
That goes for Education also. I mean if a child wanted to become Christian when heshe decided at the age of 16. HeShe could just get simply Baptised.

Free will seems to be fading away again. For children anyway. It's all programmed; Do this, believe that, don't believe that. I'm lucky to have a family I do, understanding and respectful to my views and beliefs. But I feel for the kids that don't get what I had. It just seems to be all controlled. Birth > Education > Preferably a Belief > Work > Get a wife, house Kids > Work some more > Come home, watch brainwash'o'vision > Work. Then for your kid's it's that expected repeat. That's what (IMO) the Government's expect from us.
edit on 14-5-2011 by SobaniExile because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hi, im from the uk and to my knowledge, they dont teach any paticular theory, they do infact cover all scientific theories.
But i completely agree with what your saying, Until they know for sure, people should be able to make their own mind up.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jrocbaby
It seems like we're all on either side of the fence on this issue, but why can't we just teach our kids something more valuable? Can't we just teach them something honest, for once?

The real truth behind the universe and life is way too complicated for any person to even come close to guessing, and that is all that every religion and theory [big bang] is, just a guess.

Can't we teach them that we have no freaking idea how any of this is even possible in the first place?

Can't we let them drift to what ever side they feel comfortable with, instead of jamming one side or the other down their throats?

It seems we have a compulsion to associate ourselves with groups. If the media was the only source of info in the world, it would seem that you either believe in god, or you don't with zero flexibility, republican or democrat, ect.

Teaching kids generalization is the problem here.

edit on 13-5-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

The problem with that is after a decade or two atheist's will make sure whatever theory they come up with is taught while keeping the door firmly held shut on theories that go against their own personnel beliefs.

It is like with religion and feminist's. People begin to take a "God has no gender" position and the feminist's push for "God is female" and then use that justification for their female supremacy ideology.

Same pattern of bait and switch by manipulative sociopaths(that make up 10%+ of the human population, meaning a large percentage of the people here are sociopaths, or have sociopathic leanings). What should be done is a general disclaimer like you mentioned but a brief introduction to several plausible explanations.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by Jrocbaby
It seems like we're all on either side of the fence on this issue, but why can't we just teach our kids something more valuable? Can't we just teach them something honest, for once?

The real truth behind the universe and life is way too complicated for any person to even come close to guessing, and that is all that every religion and theory [big bang] is, just a guess.

Can't we teach them that we have no freaking idea how any of this is even possible in the first place?

Can't we let them drift to what ever side they feel comfortable with, instead of jamming one side or the other down their throats?

It seems we have a compulsion to associate ourselves with groups. If the media was the only source of info in the world, it would seem that you either believe in god, or you don't with zero flexibility, republican or democrat, ect.

Teaching kids generalization is the problem here.

The problem with that is after a decade or two atheist's will make sure whatever theory they come up with is taught while keeping the door firmly held shut on theories that go against their own personnel beliefs.

It is like with religion and feminist's. People begin to take a "God has no gender" position and the feminist's push for "God is female" and then use that justification for their female supremacy ideology.

Same pattern of bait and switch by manipulative sociopaths(that make up 10%+ of the human population, meaning a large percentage of the people here are sociopaths, or have sociopathic leanings). What should be done is a general disclaimer like you mentioned but a brief introduction to several plausible explanations.

Wrong.
If the theory is scientific, the person usually can have it reviewed by a peer board.

most creationist have so little evidence they wouldn't even make it to the review.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join