It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greeting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
GradyPhilpott is a pseudonym. I will be 55 in September. I am a former Marine, having served four years, from 67-71. I served in Vietnam as an cannoneer (0811) on 155mm howitzers (M-109 SP) and 4.2 in. mortars from 68-69 and was wounded in action on 23 February 69. I was medivaced to Japan and later to the US for treatment.

I hold a BA in Sociology from the Universty of New Orleans (1988) and an MSW from Tulane University (1995). I have five years experience in Child Protective Services and have worked in a homeless shelter. I am a Licensed Masters Social Worker in the State of New Mexico. I am currently working with children who have learning difficulties.

I am a registered Independent.

[edit on 04/8/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
welcome, and thank you for your service.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Welcome aboard.

There is a lot to see, so read, post and enjoy what we have to offer.

If you have any questions, feel free to U2U.

Peace,
BG

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Welcome to Above Top Secret, GradyPhilpott !

Don't forget to check out Below Top Secret if you are bored

Answers to any problems or questions are just a u2u away

[edit on 2/8/04 by Hyperen]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your stay here at the ATS!

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
welcome to ATS GradyPhilpott

am sure you will enjoy it here

if you need any help feel free to u2u me

happy posting

rynaldo

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Welcome to the site GradyPhilpott,

have fun and enjoy your stay
cya around the site

se7en

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I extend my welcome to the pseudononymous GradyPhilpott. Actually, if it isn't too revealing, I'm curious as to the significance of the name?

In any event, enjoy your time here.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!!!

Have fun and dont believe everything that you read...

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hello, GradyPhilpott!
Welcome to ATS. You are going to love it around here, and I'll bet you are going to have some great input and opinions. If you need a hand with anything just u2u me or someone else. See you around!

FCL's (Frequently Clicked Links).

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Welcome to the board Grady!

It would be an understatement to say that you have led an exceptional and honourable life. I look forward to your thoughts and input here on ATS.

Bleys

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thank you all for the welcome. I found an error in my original post which indicated that I served four years the Marine Corps, from 67-68. That, of course, is impossible and the correct years are 67-71.

About 20 years ago, while living in New Orleans, I dressed up as a wino for Halloweeen. The character was so popular that I also used that character for Mardi Gras and now, living in New Mexico, I use it for Halloween.

Eventually, someone wanted know the name of the character and Grady Philpott was born. When I went on line, it was only natural that I would use that name as a "handle," or "screen name." I've always thought it had a nice ring to it and, yes, there is a sort of double-entendre for the really abstract-thinking among us.

new topics

top topics

join