It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Worth,TX Light Anomaly...Man-Made or Unexplainable?..Reported on the News...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

A storm hit the Dallas-Fort Worth area of Texas on Tuesday night, bringing lots of thunder and lightning with it. According to the Dallas-Fort Worth NBC affiliate, lightning blew an electrical substation east of downtown, resulting in a chain-reaction of an undisclosed number of transformers blowing, producing an eerie light show that was reportedly captured on video by a Fort Worth CPA and amateur photographer named Brian Luenser from his 34th floor condo.The video shows hundreds of explosions varying in color, including blue, green, red, and purple.

The Star-Telegram reports that more than 300 cloud-to-ground lightning strikes occurred in Fort Worth from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM. At approximately 9:00 PM, these events prompted calls to police by residents who were reporting “fireballs,” both in the sky and on the ground. The video recorded by Luenser was reportedly shot between 9:30 PM and 10:00 PM.

Bob Ray Sanders, a columnist for the Star-Telegram, witnessed this event, and he stated, “I’ve seen lightning strike, and this was no lightning.” He further described, “I saw fire in the sky and on the ground . . . I saw 10 or 12 explosions. It was like someone was dropping bombs.”

The first thing I think of when I hear the description of “fire in the sky” is the book and movie by the same name: Fire in the Sky—the story of Travis Walton who was allegedly abducted by extraterrestrials.While some who have watched the video of this light spectacle have commented that the lights are reminiscent of scenes from Hollywood movies like Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Skyline, others have gone gone further, suggesting this light show was caused by extraterrestrials.

At various points in Luenser’s video, multiple white lights (or “orbs,” as some have called them) appear in the sky as the explosions of light occur below. Some have speculated that these may have been UFOs, but the lights could simply be lens flare resulting from the extremely bright explosions.

Jaime Molina, a representative from local power company Oncor, told the local NBC affiliate that approximately 4,000 customers in the area lost power following the incident. He didn’t know the number of transformers affected, but he expected that power was restored “very quickly,” as the electrical system is designed to switch to another substation automatically.
...SOURCE

If you read the article the media reported that this was transformers blowing after a lightning strike. Personally I dont know if that many transformers would be all together or not. I guess its up to the individual to decide what the lights are...I dont know whether to believe the media or not...I just would imagine that if that many were blowing at the same time that the power around them would be knocked out...Like I said I dont know,I guess Im leaning towards maybe believing the media and thinking thats what it was...

I guess if theres anyone on here that lives in the area that knows for sure what was going on then I guess it would stop the debating for me at least whether it was something man made or unexplainable...Like I said Im not saying it is,Im just looking to know one way or the other what it was..The answer would be great...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Please research for prior threads. At least two beat you.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

i love when people say that!!!...i typed in 3 different titles into the search and nothing popped up with fort worth in it...the search is garbage half the time...and i apologize that im not spending hours on here anymore to be able know that...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

wow...you guys should be mods or something....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
i love when people say that!!!...i typed in 3 different titles into the search and nothing popped up with fort worth in it...the search is garbage half the time...and i apologize that im not spending hours on here anymore to be able know that...

I typed in "Fort Worth" into the Search and all of the threads came up for me right away. I'm starting to wonder if there is more than one search feature here.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

maybe it only works when it wants to...or when posters like you want to prove something...i know it has kept me from double posting in the past but it seems like every 1 out of 5 doesnt show up...it just gets old when people jump on posters for the littlest things...its been a relief really not being on here so much anymore...less bs to deal with...like cyber police...like its cool to know everything about every thread posted...and im not trying to disrespect you..if it wasnt you or the other poster i would be talking to someone else...
edit on 12-5-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

maybe it only works when it wants to...but it seems like every 1 out of 5 doesnt show up

Or maybe you could be using the wrong key words when searching? The key to using any search feature or engine is to search for the least common words first. In this case, "Fort Worth" would be the least common words to search for because how many people talk about Fort Worth as opposed to lights or UFO's?

it just gets old when people jump on posters for the littlest things

There's no jumping on anyone. You were simply and politely informed that at least 3 other threads existed. I didn't know that informing others of information equated to "jumping" on them.

its been a relief really not being on here so much anymore...less bs to deal with

And I couldn't imagine my day without ATS. To each their own. The only BS is what you make of it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

see i got to the point where i was spending hours everyday on here and then i got a job..everything changed once i started going to work at 530 am...i was all about making sure to catch every thread but now i realize that the site was taking over my life and now it doesnt bother me if im on here maybe every 2 days or more...i didnt realize how much it was effecting me til i got away from it..

and i guess my words shoulda been directed more towards the first poster...i guess i came at you because he hasnt come back...i really do apologize for the rudeness...his post is what really bothered me,from him saying something about searching...its like im not an idiot and posters like him think theyre better than others for some reason...you were just throwing them out for me to see and i took it the wrong way...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Fair enough. Have a great night.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Anyways, has anyone come to a conclusion about what was happening at Fort Worth? It seems a bit to organised to be transformers just randomly exploding from a bolt of lightning, with a couple of UFOs hovering around aswell. It actually reminds me of a similar event on a much smaller scale that happened in china not long ago...
edit on 12-5-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Part of me is quite
about the orbs. But I lived in that area and now live in Central Texas, so I wonder if those were American Airlines Planes coming into DFW airport. Maybe the lights reflecting onto the silver airplanes?

We had wicked storms last night, lots of lightening all over the place. And Texas does have a lot of air to ground lightening.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I just found this video...which proves that the lights were not transformers blowing up!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Did you ever decide what this might be? I myself believe there is back ops scalar electromagnetic testing going onl all round the world; the storm was a convenient opportunity to blame it on transformers. But there is no way that could be so. And you can see the spiral pattern and the bluish cast of the light - Typical of Scalar Electromagnetic testing - See this for more info on another spiral seen in Norway.

thetruthabout1111awakeningcode.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Very strange... and beautiful...

top topics

join