It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams are travel to parallel universes

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
But there is not time in dream
a reply to: ofhumandescent

edit on 22-12-2014 by f4andHALFtoads because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Very interesting.

Due to sciatica i previously had to take Tramadol.

As the pain was unbearable i used to take more than prescribed (What do Doctors know anyway eh!).

Sleep did not come until i literally could not keep my eyes open, and then it wasnt really sleep, cant really describe what it was, but the dreams / visions were unbelievable.

Maybe the drugs or as i believe, they kept me half awake and half asleep.

I became addicted to the dream state.

Vivid, lucid, visions, realms, OBE,s, - it was all there.

Maybe i had a chance to see the dream state whislt being awake, well almost awake.

Loved it but realised it had to stop.

The tramadol are still in the house and i often think of taking a few before bedtime. (Of course i dont recommend this to anyone).

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: f4andHALFtoads
But there is not time in dream a reply to: ofhumandescent

Wrong there is time one moment to the next in every dream. I have passed lots of time in dreams dont know about you but time does in fact exist in dreams as we cant even tell we are dreaming from one moment to the next.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
In my dream last night I saw myself in a mirror and the image kept changing rather quickly, it was really odd. Eventually it stopped on my actual image eventually but still rather weird.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I may have been having a merry Christmas at the time I wrote my original statement above: "But there is not time in dream"

You are of course correct FotL. Time indeed passes (in a peculiar way) during dreams. Also, a particular 'time' or 'era' can be experienced. And feelings of stress experienced with deadlines. I may have had something more cryptic in mind, to do with the fact that no time seems to have passed between falling into a dream and waking from it.

As soon as we fall into a dream, our concious internal clock expends no effort monitoring the passage of time (or simply cannot). So there is no 'clock' to our unconscious, no measure of time. We fall asleep and then wake up. At the very least, time deffinately does not have the same meaning as it does to our wakeful mind.

I have been fathoming what time means over the past number of months and was very intrigued to find that for something one might consider to be a basic component of physics (per textbooks), actually has no proof in the 'real' literature. It seems to be linked to gravity (which I like) and in relation to the OP if we are able to leave this 'dimension' in our dreams, then we may free our spirit/mind of gravity, thereby messing with exact time.

In this other dimension, where everything possible/imaginable exists together at once in a singularity (our 'dreamworlds'), I return to my original proposition that there is no time, and that perhaps we, with our knowledge/experience of time, are able to create temporal bubbles in order to examine/experience certain things, I would guess in a similar fashion to being at the fabled akashic library. (I have never been there, but perhaps others on this forum who have, might regale us with their understanding of time in this place).

Thanks for picking me up on a flippant comment, and allowing me to expand. This is exactly why I prefer to choose words carefully, and elaborate, but I guess beer does a similar thing to the expression of ideas that dreams do to time.

a reply to: FormOfTheLord

edit on 17-1-2015 by f4andHALFtoads because: Tidying up the idea

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 1questioner

Relieved I m not alone. Have just discovered this thread..and am absolutely fascinated by it.
I was about 13 when I first had a dream I realised was "special" On waking, I told my mother I had travelled to another world....
So very detailed was this dream, I couldn t relate it all here...but it boils down to me being taken up through space to a place which was a reception centre, where certain people were being invited to stay and help with the creation of a new universal order......sounds were amplified ....colours brighter....water was hot or tepid...but cold water didn t exist...there were signs of order and respect...I felt so very happy. The dream ended with a "lift"arriving and all my family stepping out to join me.
For weeks after the dream I felt different and was sure I had travelled somewhere else to another reality. This dream is still as vivid today as it was then...and I m 56..
I have since had other vivid "special "dreams..
In one, I was a WW2 soldier being killed by a Japanese soldier...I could feel the machine gun bullets tearing my guts out. Not pleasant.
In another, I was also a man...somewhere in Asia, with my wife behind me on horseback. This dream was amazing as I was able to feel what a man feels when he loves a woman....no joke on Percey Sledge....
Other dreams I have are just "normal".....but others are so life changing I am sure they are more than just dreams...I have concluded they are glimpses into my parallel lives in other dimensions.....

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I start to wonder about our thoughts and whether they are coming from lives we MIGHT be living in a parallel universe. Sometimes I am getting on with my life and suddenly out of the blue, my thoughts are now taken over by some things that aren't happening in my life. I would love to know where our thoughts come from and are they messages from our "other selves" trying to tell us something.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ButterCookie
I believe in ...I firmly believe...

With all those 'beliefs' (imagination), perhaps 'religion' would be a better category.
In the wold of science and philosophy, there is only One (unchanging, ALL inclusive) Universal Reality!
The 'multiverse' theory is a desperate attempt to fill the darkness with something that might garner another 'grant'!
And the 'hypothesis' (it doesn't qualify as a 'theory') is in direct violation of Occam's Razor!

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein

Dreams consist of an amalgam of the 'past', 'present' and 'future'!
Do the experiment;
Immediately upon having the dream, write it down.
Then read it back 2 days later and you'll be amazed at how much happened in those 2 days following! *__-

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ButterCookie

Dreams are like living in the dimension of Time only. It's as if you leave the dimension of Space completely and simply remember it.

I would imagine dreaming is very much like when you stop existing as a Mind in Space, and only exist a collection of Ideas in Time.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I had a dream or two where I clearly remember being on another planet traveling fast in a vehicle. It did not feel like Earth at all.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I had a dream I was running so fast the skin on the bottom of my feet started ripping sliding off and the bare meat of my feet was smacking and sliding against the pavement, and I still couldn't get away from them
edit on 6-10-2015 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This post Removed for rework and perhaps separate thread.
edit on 6-10-2015 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2015 by charlyv because: content

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I've actually had the same theory. Your comments on the details are intriguing, I never thought about that part. What I did think about was another thing that makes this theory credible...

In dreams, I've often found (and heard from others who similarly found) that things occur in dreams that we would think make little sense while we're awake, but in a dream we accept them as normal.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I had the same theory, too, way back in 2007 when I began writing The Dreams of Phillip Aisling and the Numinous Nagwaagan. It is going to be published next month on Amazon. Feel free to check out the website: www.phillipaisling.com The book is a middle-grade / young adult fantasy, visionary/metaphysical novel. It follows the experience of Phillip Aisling, a young true Dreamer who is awakening into his power of dreaming.

Dreams are glimpses into alternate realities. This is the main premise of The Dreams of Phillip Aisling. I'm encouraged that this thread has been going for so long and that so many other people have came to the same conclusion that I used as the bases for my book.

I would really appreciate any feedback about the book, too! I am planning a 5 (or more?) part series. Any feedback you provide will help form the future books and therefore our reality! ^_^

Thank you!

edit on 13-2-2016 by aguazul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Here is something that may add another dimension to your own theory it's not at all out to lunch or beyond the realm of possibilities...

OK say what you assume in your idea of living out separate realities is true then dejavu has more relevance and could be further understood by assuming that this is experienced when your separate consciousness merge in one reality...

edit on 13-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
As an abductee,i tend to pay specific attention to my dreams.I have a thread on this site about the types of dreams that were actually on waking,not dreams at all, but remembered fragments of an abduction.These are confirmed by the bruises and needlemarks,the injuries and pain and even bleeding upon waking.

Then there were lots of dreams about going back to a place one feels that you Know,often a sense of longing+ melancholy,as if waking tore you away from a place where you also belong,or belong More than here.On cell, so will continue in next post.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Well i had to drag myself out of bed to pc anyway,from my cell a post doesn't always go through. Smartphones..smart my ass.

Anyway the weirdest dreamstate experience i ever had was this:

I am standing on this loading dock/bay,it is dimly lit,cold,and the floor underneath is made of some steel or metal. It seems to be the receiving end/terminus for a long tunnel. With me is a large black or rather charcoal grey, squid/octopus-like creature. It gives me the feel of a bio-mechanical creature,but with a certain level of sentience. We seem to be waiting for something. Then through the tunnel these pitch black shadow figures start coming through,not hordes of them,a few.

And i know what to do,it's like i had already been shown how to do this sometime in the past. I have to take one of this creature's many cable-like tentacles and connect it to a shadowform. Then,idk what process follows,but the connection from this bio-mechanical creature to the shadowform,turns the shadowform into it's proper human shape. They were all men who came through and they seemed to be joyous and ebullient -or maybe just bloody relieved that the process worked

After the process was completed,i went along with these men into what looked like sunlight,into a modern city with tall buildings and streets. The men were still ebullient and i remember one playfully jumping on another's back,like kids playing leapfrog. I still remember his face so well,he was of medium height and build,sandy brown hair and beard,he actually seemed like a fun,pleasant person. And every day,i still remember that squid/octopus-like creature,and the awkward feeling when i had to use it,as if it was merely an appliance. An appliance with sentience. I felt it was being abused/misused,and i can never forget it.

To me the whole thing had the overall feeling,in hindsight,of some strange and advanced type of transportation/teleportation,interplanetary or interdimensional,idk. I hope the creature was/is ok. It's not the type of thing one can ever forget.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Lastly,this thread made me recall this one i made quite a while ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ButterCookie
Dreams are travel to parallel universes

Despite your imaginary beliefs, there is but One Universe, and dreams are a feature of it!
Everything that exists, and that is everything, exists in the One all inclusive Universe.
Multiple Universes is a pathetic theory to keep place in the darkness of their ignorance. Perhaps it gets grants, but is it a severe violation of Occam's Razor!

But as you are dealing with a 'belief', logic and science mean nothing other than the 'enemy', and ego will defend, so...
Cheers... *__-

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I am a new believer of this dream= connecting to alternate realities theory. I would like to say a few things what I think - 1. Not every person is able to get this "special dreams" , it requires a disciplined mind, activated senses. 2. When I have these special dreams, my physical phatigue before going to sleep remains the same sometimes. Does that mean in some dreams we actually perform the physical activities our alternate reality counterparts are doing?
PS: I am also a sleepwalker

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join