It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Serving Two Tours in Iraq, Ex Marine is Killed in Own Home by SWAT Team

page: 29
<< 26  27  28   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
An update to the fate of those brave brave SWAT team members

Arizona SWAT Team Cleared in Former Marine's Killing

The SWAT team that gunned down a former Marine in his Tucson, Ariz., home was cleared Tuesday of any wrongdoing in the incident.

Source

No wrongdoing what so ever

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by wasco2

During a briefing before the warrants were served, records show, detectives told SWAT team members the two Guerena brothers and Celaya were associated with a double homicide related to a home invasion.

azstarnet.com...

I'm thinking that everyone who has posted in this thread so far should read this article. It sheds a LOT of light on why a SWAT team was used, why they were ready to shoot back, and why his house was raided at all.

All four homes in raid tied to Guerena family
"The raid netted drugs, large amounts of cash, bulletproof vests, about 30 cellphones and a stolen vehicle, records show, but no arrests have been made." News Source

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
the video posted supports much of what the SWAT team is saying: sirens were used, they knocked repeatedly and announced they were serving a warrant, it was broad daylight, POLICE was clearly visible on their vests. Yet still Guerena met them with a loaded rifle and expressed hostile intent.

This guy met the cops with an assault rifle even after they came to his door with sirens blaring. How ANYONE can claim this was a 'no-knock' procedure is beyond me. I guess they just believe whatever lies serve their own pre-determined opinions.

One YouTube comment said: "He was doing home invasions, killing rival drug dealers..." HELLLO... Sounds to me like the same thing that the SWAT team were doing...

Another YT comment:

"No one knows exactly what went down in that place except the persons involved. swats have a job to do and what do you do if you encounter someone with a big rifle? If you were smart person, protective or not, you wouldn't hold on to the riffle if you knew it was police. Since there was illegal activities around the home/area, he was afraid it was the bad guys coming to take him out. If he wasn't into illegal activities, maybe no harm would have come to him/family.

drugs are alway a bad thing!"

MrSaeteurn 6 months ago

Moral of the story: "turf wars" against the CIA will NOT go well for you - the government HATES competition!

edit on 4-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
"The raid netted drugs, large amounts of cash, bulletproof vests, about 30 cellphones and a stolen vehicle, records show, but no arrests have been made." News Source

What was found?

In their words:

- a "Bag" of Marijuana in the stove. (Size of bag not given, could be a baggie or a garbage bag for all we know.)

- Bulletproof Vests scattered amongst the homes. (Not illegal. Circumstantial evidence at best, considering he is military.)

- a Colt .38 pistol, and an AK47, some "ammunition" and "other guns" (Other guns they do not specify, not sure if AK47's are illegal in his state, does not specify in the article if it is even automatic or not.)

- a "Large Amount of Cash", or as it states later in the article: "$94,000 in a shoebox under the bed."
Scarface

- 30 cellphones, no remarks if they're disposables, old unused phones or anything, nor how they were distributed amongst the many members of family throughout the four homes.

- "Puddle of Blood" in one of the houses. No idea what this is about, they don't elaborate. Related to one of the earlier murdered family members? Which again they do not elaborate on and seem wholly unconcerned with in light of the "bag of pot" and "$94,000".

Near as I can tell, that was all they found according to this article. Everything else is a pile of 'newspeak' and 'hearsay assumption', such as:

- One of the officers smelled the "distinct odor of decaying flesh" in one of the vehicles, but found no body parts. Keep this Sherlockian on the payroll. He is going places.

- the Officers said the door was "Incredibly Hardened". Oh my, so suspicious.

- they found a "Border Patrol Hat" in the garage. No idea what they're alluding to here. Was a federal agent killed recently, was a patrolmen killed, what? I don't get it.

- Other random nonsense.

Keep in mind this is evidence from 4 separate homes, the only evidence found at Jose's home (where he was killed), was the .38 pistol. That was all. They found bank statements and other forms detailing his shared properties with other people in the family for the other 3 homes. This goes against what I remember when this story first aired that Jose was "pointing an assault rifle at SWAT when they broke in". There were no rifles in this home, which means this was false, this article is erroneous, or I'm tired and not reading this article correctly.

Is it likely he was involved in drug trafficking, or as a secondary element due to the family connections? Likely. To what extent, we will probably never know. What I'd like to point out here is that, this is what they are claiming as their trophy score. This goes on while 3 members of Jose's family were recently killed in home invasions, and no arrests have been made and that case is probably a mess. What matters to them is the bag of pot and some cash, not lives. They care if you muscle in on the drug trade, nothing else.

I'll leave with this:

It was initially reported that Jose Guerena was shot 60 times by five SWAT officers who fired 71 rounds in less than 10 seconds. The family was told by a doctor that Jose was shot 60 times, they told the Star. Preliminary reports from the Pima County Medical Examiner's Office state that Guerena died from 22 gunshot wounds, Dr. Gregory Hess said Friday.

and

German Police Fired Only 85 Bullets in 2011

According to Germany’s Der Spiegel, German police shot only 85 bullets in all of 2011, a stark reminder that not every country is as gun-crazy as the U.S. of A. As Boing Boing translates, most of those shots weren’t even aimed anyone: “49 warning shots, 36 shots on suspects. 15 persons were injured, 6 were killed.”

edit on 4-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

<< 26  27  28   >>

join