It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Kids Be Allowed to Play With Dead Animals ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
awwwww that’s funny and sooooo cute reminds me of my daughter she is 7 now :-( i want her to be 4 again....
Anyway no I would not let my little girl play with a dead squirrel but how upset would she had been if they took it away from her look how much fun she is having bless her. haha I love this vid..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
No way that's not right no need for it.my little boys gerbil died we buried it he helped we explained what death is and how it happens to all living things his 5,after a couple of days he wanted the bones so we left it until we thought right dug the bones up cleaned them and he now has them in a box.So he now knows the facts of death and what happens after you die I wouldn't dream of letting him play with it dead that is the kind of thing that could produce a future serial killer a sadistic mind

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
remember that joke from the last recession?
Mom, I want to play with my little brother Mikey..
shuuush child! I told you not to play with your food....

if you ever had a mom who was a science teacher
you played with dead animals...

one of the dead animals we played with as kids was fish
as in hooking playing landing cleaning cooking and EATING
also birds
see shoot kill pluck cook and EAT
for frogs legs skip the pluck part

etc
edit on 11-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WordPlayJAy

I couldnt get the vid to play on my phone, said it was removed by poster. But i remember when i was about 8-10 yrs old little girl my cousin and i would dissect dead rats the cat dragged in. We would bury them afterwards. We also shot, defeathered, and ate wild birds and ended up with a really cute bird head collection. I am from the city so when i visited my cousins in the country i thought this was normal. I still think it is great. Taught me about life and death and how the body works. We went way beyond the stick test. I think you should only worry if the children are playing with the dead animal as a toy like a babydoll or something. Thats where id draw the line. Let them kids learn just tell em to wash up after!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well...I couldn't watch the video as it was removed by the user (cps is probably on their way to the house now lol). I can only assume what the child is doing in the video from the clip that you can see and it looks like she's holding it in her arms like you would a doll.

That is a looooong way from catching a fish, hunting a deer, catching, skinning and later eating a rabbit. All of the people comparing these two things....apples/oranges! Catching food to eat is one thing....cradling/playing with a dead squirrel for entertainment and playtime is quite another!

Sorry if my assumption at what the child is actually doing is wrong.

Michelle

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Urban disconnection from the natural world leads to these misguided behaviours.

Families should start a tradition of vactioning in rustic areas, like most of us did in the past, learn the real world of cause and effect by leaving behind "civilization".

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I didn't get a chance to watch the video, but I'll give my opinion on the topic, even if it might be outspoken, lol.
If I were a parent, I wouldn't want this happening. Firstly there's the already mentioned reason of hygiene, which I think is really a no-brainer, but that is only one part of it. I really wouldn't want a child of mine to play with a dead animal because I would like to teach that death is something to be respected and mourned, rather than something that arouses curiosity or is for our entertainment. I accept that people may say I'm too idealistic, and not a realist, but I think that even if death surrounds us every day, it should not lessen its poignancy, and that showing sensitivity towards the life of all creatures is a good thing

Even if we couldn't take the easy way out of consumerism, and we needed to hunt and prepare our own food, I would like my children to see the death of another creature as a gift of nature, a sacrifice to be thankful for, and not something to be taken lightly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join