It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southeastern VA reports shaking..finally.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I was surprised to get a tweet tonight from someone in Richmond with questions if anyone in the SE VA area knew about this (I live in Norfolk)

hamptonroads.com... se-unknown

I have been waiting for SOMETHING to be reported around here. I have noticed very minor shaking, swaying feelings at times the past few weeks. I am sensitive to this stuff and it has been hard to know aside from paying attention to seismic activities and my own experiences if I am the only one. I am relieved to see this, but frustrated to see the "unknown origin" claim. My thoughts are that it is possible that this activity may not have been sensed by any seismic monitor because they are simply too far away. Around here, we do not really have any station that is really all that close. If there ARE some, I would love to know if anyone has or can find that info.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Page not found

tis gawn!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rbkruspe

Heres the fixed link

hamptonroads.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Thank you Buni, no idea what happened.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rbkruspe

Here is a link to Virginia Tech Seismological Observatory Helicorder Plots:

VTSO Helicorder Plots

I don't know if any of the stations listed on the site are near enough to the helicorder you need, but it is worth a try

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Over the past few weeks, I thought I had noticed some gentle swaying and rumbles in the Roanoke area. I don't know enough about these things to accurately read the data presented.

new topics

top topics

join