It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"SEALS ready to fight Pakistani Military"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
CNN -- The SEALs that raided bin Laden's compound braced for a fight with Pakistani military, according to The New York Times.

www.cnn.com...

I wonder how that would have turned out?...

I doubt that it would have lead to an all scale war tho.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Wow. they're gonna need more SEALs if they wanna win that fight. it's not like they can just sneak up on every military personnel and whack them. Is this just a prelude into the US invading Pakistan...I do think so if it can be followed through.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Seals are not really trained to fight that kind of battle. They are more like ninja.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Why are they still there

Don't they tend to attack like lightning, and leave just as quickly?!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is just America acting hardmen. "We are ready to take on you're entire country, huff puff".

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I know OBL was a target and should have been got but to fight a Sovereign country on it's territory is going some.....

I know Pakistan is probably a little third worldish BUT they do have Nukes and they DO get $3 Billion from the USA and more from the UK to keep them at bay.........

It's all getting a little ''uncontrollable'' i think and the fact that Pakistan is unreliable leaves the West with another HUGE headache .......

PDUK

If you want something good to watch then spend 4 minutes and watch this guy............

www.boreme.com...

I particulary like his comment about 'mounting' OBL with a pork chop in his mouth...........

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I hope that they can do a better job than they did in Iraq and afganistan.
If not it will be another 10 years of wasted lives and wasted money.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
CNN -- The SEALs that raided bin Laden's compound braced for a fight with Pakistani military, according to The New York Times.

Of course they were prepared - I'm sure they had plenty of air they could have called for if they needed it and other assets at key blocking positions throughout the city along major avenues of approach. They were prepared to hold off any hostile encroachment on the objective with a security element.

By the time the Pakistanis figured it out we were done and on the way home. Heck their military is just like ours when it comes to being ready for short notice action.

Just because a base next door is there doesn’t mean they can do anything – primarily because it’s an Officer Training base and all the weapons are in the arms rooms; ammo at the ASP and the people fast asleep in their barracks.

It’d take hours to mount a military response of any kind to a raid like this near our own Military Academy and that would be police not military. That is if someone could get through the radar and other counter measures. Good thing we are the only country capable of that right now IMO.

Somewhere an odds maker in Las Vegas is making odds on any future engagements.

I give 1 Million to one in USA vs. Pakistan. Both short and long term.

edit on 10/5/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Of course they were ready to fight if necessary. However, I wonder why this story is even being reported. What purpose does it serve?

top topics

join