It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear collapse looms? Fukushima No. 4 reactor 'leaning' (RT News)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

This is not gettng any better is it? So anyone see anything about this on any North American news?
I saw it in the Guardian but nothing local

The way this is being delt with is not good Tempco is at best incompetent at worst working hard to radiate the world.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I haven't seen or heard jack about japan since the EQ! I watch the news for about 3 hours each day (off and on) and I have heard nothing.

I was at a birthday party for the neighbor kid and we were talking about the allergies this year..blah..blah..blah and i mention the possibility of radiation coming here and they looked stunned..they said "oh..I forgot all about that" meaning the EQ in japan..I couldn't believe it! I don't think people care or they have really little to no attention span.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Some posters broke into a thread yesterday about planetary alignments to mention that they had been suffering from unexplained nosebleeds. Some had been to the doctor, some had not. One I think said that the doctor mentioned dust. What's in that dust?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
As far as the US media is concerned, it's out of sight out of mind, as are most stories here that warrant coverage. No news story seems to last here for more than a few days and then we're on to something else. It's more important that we know what shoes Michelle Obama is wearing or what her diet consists of this week.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Jeremiah Johnson because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The nuclear disaster in Japan is the current threat to all of us. In the near days and generations to come.
I am saddened that the real information is not making it out.
This should still be front page news worldwide!.... well in todays papers in Scotland you will be lucky if there is even a single little article with any mention of the nuclear crisis.
First we were sidelined with Egypt, then Libya, then the royal wedding, now Osama seems to be a lot more important and all happening in a very convenient small time frame.. Hard keeping track when so much happens in a quick succession.
Very good for keeping peoples minds scrambled.And not having the ability to focus on one concern at a time.
The happenings in Japan are by far the biggest concern for humans.
Radiation is not a nice thing and needs to be addressed with priority in my eyes.
I thought we could have learned from Chernobyl.
Just a thought.... If we experience solar storms from the sun, can these knock out nuclear plant backup generators?
If so , we could face a heck of a worse scenario considering the amount of nuclear plants worldwide.
Hundreds of nuclear plants with failed cooling systems due to solar storms from the sun.
Just a thought.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat
This is not gettng any better is it? So anyone see anything about this on any North American news?
I saw it in the Guardian but nothing local

The way this is being delt with is not good Tempco is at best incompetent at worst working hard to radiate the world.

Worst case whats happening is part of a farmers livestock is usless to other farmer who original farmer owes major money too but owed farmer sees potential in land livestock are on. So owed farmer is relieving farmland of unwanted livestock for future farm land usage. If you can understand me... Hope im wrong
STARz STArz STarz
edit on 5/10/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Wow... Check the 4 min mark of that video. They are hiding the workers, and the amount of protective clothing their are wearing from the media. You can see the workers walking behind the blue tarp. Yet in that interview, he said a 10 min dose was all the workers could handle.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Live Web Cam at Fukushima Daiichi...I've been watching everything collapse for a long time....If you can tilt your monitor a bit, it helps with the clarity of what you are seeing.

news.tbs.co.jp...

Des

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I was in San Marcos, TX yesterday. That place is mostly comprised of hippies. I was chillin at the river and this topic came up, amongst our general chit-chat. I was barely surprised that even the "intellectual" hippies thought this was over and done with. Even the older generation thought everything was under control, and that any radiation to reach the states was just "residual" radiation from the forgotten disaster. Nobody could grasp the concept that this is still unfolding, and has been getting worse! I guess the majority's attention span can be likened to that of a goldfish... or would that be a compliment?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Shoring up Unit 4 isn't going to do any damn good if the area keeping getting bombarded with earthquakes on a daily basis... If it's on the verge of collapse, it bloody well will.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ImYourHuckleberry

isn't it the strangest thing to talk to people like that...if you read my comment above my neighbors acted the same way...honestly..I don't think a lot people can even point out where Japan is on the blank map. Leave off the names of the countries and people are dumbfounded....

One of neighbors even said..."why don't they just shut if off"

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
reply to post by ImYourHuckleberry

One of neighbors even said..."why don't they just shut if off"

top topics

join