It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triesman claims Fifa corruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Triesman resigned as chairman of both the Football Associationand England's 2018 World Cup bid last May after making comments about alleged bribery attempts by Spain and Russia of referees in the 2010 World Cup. But speaking before the culture, media and sport committee on Tuesday, he gave evidence of some incidents during England's ultimately unsuccessful World Cup bid. Triesman said Fifa vice-president Jack Warner asked for money - suggested to be £2.5million - to build an education centre in his native Trinidad before asking for £500,000 to buy Haiti's World Cup TV rights for the earthquake-hit nation, with both payments to be channelled through Warner.

www.skysports.com...

Whether you watch football or not, this is serious. This is just one example, he said there were many people asking for different things, one person even asked to be knighted!! haha.

So now we know why a none football loving, hot as hell, country won the World Cup bid. Also Spain & Russia bribing referees?? Spain won the World Cup, for those that don't know , and if you watched the final... every decision was given Spain's way... HMMMMMMMMM
edit on 10-5-2011 by R3N3G4D3 because: Forgot the link durrr

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This isn't anything new. I mean the most pointed problem is how 2 of the most corrupt nations on earth ended up getting the World Cup hosting rights. And no, I don't care that Australia didn't get it. I would have liked seeing England get it, even though they have held it a few times.

The only way to clean up the mess is clear out FIFA, and start up a new governing body. And anyone that has served on the FIFA board is not allowed to join.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
of course they are corrupt.. i think anyone with common sense would have realised something smelt fishy, when it was announced russia had won the bid.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

tbh I think Austrailia, England, America or Canada should have got it. This will become BIG, if there is allegations or this. The top tier of the Premier League needs to be looked at. Howard Webb, an England referee is notorious for giving ridiculous fouls, penalties and such.

Just to add Sepp Blatter, the owner/big cheese haha, of FIFA has chimed in with "Oh I didn't know". Of course he didn't know, he turns a blind eye to anything that goes wrong in football.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
FIFA and UEFA are rotten to the core.
Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini are two particularly odious individuals.

I don't think they are unique and suspect most sporting governing / administrative bodies are corrupt to varying degrees.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Agreed. Sepp Blatter is a turd. Fifa needs to get rid of him and get somebody who KNOWS about football and what is needed to get the beautiful game beautiful again.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Pot, Kettle, Black

Crying because they were made to look like fools

new topics

top topics

join