It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear that U.S. could grab nuclear arsenal heightens Pakistani anger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Fear that U.S. could grab nuclear arsenal heightens Pakistani anger

Last week's U.S. raid into Pakistan is fueling one of the country's most enduring—and potentially dangerous—conspiracy theories: that the U.S. has designs on Pakistan's nuclear arsenal and is prepared to send highly trained commandos into the country to seize control of the weapons.

Gen. Ashfaq Kayani, the head of Pakistan's armed forces, released a blistering public statement late last week condemning the U.S. assault and warning that he would order his troops to use armed force against any American troops who entered Pakistan in the future in pursuit of other wanted militants.

Kayani's statement also made explicit reference to his country's nuclear arsenal, which he promised to fully defend against any potential American-led efforts to take control of the weapons.

Well this looks like an extremely volitale situation. It looks like anti-US beliefs has spread throughout Pakistan since the Osama killing. (Alot already dont like the US but Im guessing this has increased the amount of people against the US)

Plus the head of Pakistans military said they will attack US forces if they enter their country again. It dosent look like their nuclear weapons are going to be taken by the US peacefully.

The remarks stunned and angered many senior Obama administration officials, who had expected Pakistan to apologize for the pervasive intelligence failures that allowed bin Laden to spend five years living in an affluent Islamabad suburb under the nose of thousands of Pakistani security officials.

Anyone else see a possible stage being set for another war?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Anyone else see a possible stage being set for another war?

Geez!
Can't we get out of Afghanistan and Iraq first?

Uh oh, forgot Libya.

edit on 9-5-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Anyone know the known oil reserves Pakistan has? I don't think they have many so this war could be a move to cut China off from it's energy source in the middle east by blocking a pipeline through Pakistan.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Given how close Pakistan teeters to on the precipice of becoming another Iranian Islamic Republic, I think it would be irresponsible to not have a plan to secure or neutralize their nuclear arsenal if it came down to it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Heres a snippet from Pakistans PMs speech earlier today. uk.reuters.com...

"Let no one draw any wrong conclusions. Any attack against Pakistan's strategic assets whether overt or covert will find a matching response. Pakistan reserves the right to retaliate with full force. No one should underestimate the resolve and capability of our nation and armed forces to defend our sacred homeland."

I believe hes talking about terrorism and also the US.

Theres also rifts occuring between the ISI and CIA

Leak of C.I.A. Officer’s Name Is Sign of Rift With Pakistan

The leak demonstrated the tilt toward a near adversarial relationship between the C.I.A. and the Pakistani spy agency, the Inter Services Intelligence Directorate, or ISI, since the Bin Laden raid. It appeared to be intended to show the leverage the Pakistanis retain over American interests in the country, both sides said.

But this coming trial could seal the fate of the ISI

Pakistan spy agency's alleged role in Mumbai terrorist attacks to be revealed

Witness in US trial expected to say ISI officers were complicit in the 2008 terrorist attacks that killed more than 160 people

The apparent involvement of the Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate (ISI), Pakistan's premier spy agency, in international attacks carried out by Islamic militants is to be revealed in a trial starting next week in the US.

To me, it serisously looks like the ISI and Pakistans government are in for some tough times in the next few weeks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by buni11687

They are at it again! 10 bucks says the US is going to do something that will force them to retaliate. And then it wil just start all over again. I'm getting tired of history repeating itself so blatantly.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

10 bucks says the US is going to do something that will force them to retaliate.

I gotta say I agree with you. Im guessing the CIA will "attempt" to capture/kill a few terrorists by launching a small land raid similar to the Osama raid, and will end up "attacked" by the Pakistani military.

Will they actually be "attacked" or will it be a CIA false flag?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Just saw this article come out on bloomberg a few minutes ago.

No U.S. Apology to Pakistan for Surprise Attack on Bin Laden

May 9 (Bloomberg) -- The Obama administration said it won’t apologize for entering Pakistani territory to raid Osama bin Laden’s compound, as the South Asian country’s prime minister tried to counter domestic criticism over the military’s failure to detect and stop the U.S. attack.

So the US pretty much is telling Pakistan suck it, no apology from Obama.

top topics

join