It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want your tastiest hamburger recipe (and if you don't mind throw in your best potato salad as wel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I use Bison. It's not a fatty meat so you have to watch it while cooking.

1 lb. Ground Bison
3 large Jalapenos (HOT!) diced
1/4 cup Diced Onion
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp Ground pepper

Mash it all together (and remember the previous warnings! Wash your hands GOOD afterward) Make the pattys to your size.

I also use horseradish-mustard sauce to put on top. Me and my girl loves these burgers, but we cannot kiss for a bit afterward.

Great! Thanks....now I'm salivating.
edit on 7-5-2011 by TDawgRex because: Grins and Giggles

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Burger

A little more that I would do...
edit on 5/8/2011 by staple because: late night.

edit on 5/8/2011 by staple because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The secret to a great burger is to mix in ground pork with a decent fat percentage. 1/3 pork to 2/3 beef is pretty good that way you still get the texture of beef with the yummyness of pork.

Then of course as with all meat don't over cook it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Man-Size Cali-burger - Luchow's German Potato Salad - Tony Roma's Secret Recipe 'Onion Rings'

These recipes taste so good that you might think its a conspiracy

Grinding your own beef is highly recommended and can be a great idea and if you buy meats on sale it can be even less than ground beef.
HarborFreight Tools has a handcrank meat grinder for cheap cheap.

I like to use the "Potato" Hamburger Buns and grill them with a light spread of olive oil on the flat side.

Forming the patty correctly is crucial. If you over work the meat you can make them tough.
I like to form the patties about 3/4" inch thick and a 1/2" larger than the bun itself on all sides. This allows for a decent exterior char and yet a nice light pink interior.
In my mind if you over cook a hamburger its ruined! Gotta have a lil juicy pinkness to it for the flavor.
I put a 5cent size hole in the center of the patty so that will cook evenly through.
a touch of Garlic and/or pepper and/or onion soup mix make great flavorings to add while forming the patty.
No hamburger is complete in my mind without a thick slice of Cheddar (no nasty processed cheeses here) added at the very end to it. hmmmm
I think a nice 1/4" slab of a sweet Maui onion lightly grilled with a lil olive oil makes the best flavor.
I like to buy the largest beefsteak tomato I can and go about 1/4" thick. 1 huge slice per burger.
one word..... AVOCADO! I think that avocado and burgers go together like peanut butter and jelly

As a spread I think if you love spicy you will love the following:

dice up one healthy sized deseeded habanero pepper really fine.
mince 2 large cloves of garlic
combine with 4 tblspoons of best foods real mayo
you can stop right here and that makes a terrific spread for 3-4 burgers or
add 1 1/2 tblsp ketchup
dice up a sweet or sour pickle, i prefer sour. This kinda makes a nice flavorful kicked up 1000 Island kinda thing.
Don't freak out about the habanero because it blends real well and brings out the flavor of the burger. My wife loves this and you will to!

Luchow's German Potato Salad
1 pound (3 medium) potatoes
6 slices bacon, diced
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup stock or bouillon
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. sugar
1 medium-size onion, diced
1 egg yolk, beaten

Scrub potatoes; rinse. Boil in jackets; let cool. Peel and cut in
1/4-inch slices. Cook bacon in hot pan until crisp. Add onion; stir
and cook until transparent. Add vinegar, stock or bouillon, and
seasonings. Stir; let come to a boil. Stir in egg; remove from heat
and pour over potatoes. Serves 2-4.

Tony Roma's Onion Rings
6 each White onions
1 cup Milk
3 each Eggs, beaten
Salt
2 cups Quality Buttermilk Pancake mix

Slice the onions crosswise and separate into rings.
Combine milk, eggs, and salt to taste in mixing bowl.
Soak the onions in the mixture about 30 minutes.
Place pancake mix in a shallow bowl.
Heat oil for frying in skillet to 375 degrees.

Remove the onion rings from milk mixture, dip in pancake mix
and place in hot oil. Fry rings until golden brown and drain on
paper towels. Pack fried onion rings solidly, but loosely, without
pressing, into an 8x4" loaf pan. Bake at 400 degrees 10 to 15
minutes. Turn onto serving plate.

Enjoy!

edit on 6/1/2011 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Ground chuck only for this, make two patties as big as you see fit but no bigger then a 1/2 inch thick, indent both with your thumb making sure not to make them to thin, season with salt and pepper only, then add in your favorite cheese quartered to fit in the indent, put the two patties together and seal it up. Grill it up or fry to perfection and place on bun top with BBQ sauce and you got a party.

PS: for some jojo potatoes as they are called, mix flour salt, pepper sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, add cold water or soda water to pancake consistency. Make sure you add enough paprika to give you a red color to by the way. Then take a potato half it, lay it flat and cut it into fours. Throw it into the batter, and deep fry for about five-six minutes or until they start to float to the top and you are good to go.
edit on 6/1/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join