It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titanium fangs? The technology behind Navy SEAL dogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
These high-tech animals are equipped almost as well as the soldiers they serve with.

"As you may have heard, the Navy SEAL raid that took out Osama bin Laden included a four-legged soldier - aptly described as "the nation's most courageous dog" by the NY Times.

Such a revelation has sparked tremendous interest in the use of war dogs, while also shedding light on the technology these canines use to assist SEAL teams on missions. Dogs for this line of work (the military uses Labrador Retrievers, Belgian Malinois, and German Shepherds) require a significant investment (an estimated $50,000), so it's in the best interests of the owners to equip their canine comrades with the best in safety and high-tech surveillance."

www.mnn.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me what the military has got. I wonder if they have dolphins suited up the same way?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Source

Very cool article. I 've always been amazed with animals and there ability to learn and comprehend. Some day animals will rule the world..

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I smell a reaity show. "The Adventures of Rin Tin Titanium".

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You just made this up didn't you? Titanium fangs?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
im surprised no ones screaming animal exploitation lol...

on another note i read somewhere that the vietnamese would steal the soldiers dogs, strap a bomb to it and set it free and it would run back to its owner or the base...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

Some day animals will rule the world?...

They already do rule the world.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by highfreq

Some day animals will rule the world?...

They already do rule the world.

Exactly- Homo Sapiens ARE an Animal, a Manimal, to be exact.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Unless people are against the use of dogs in a working environment like that of the police or military already, there really shouldn't be much of a fuss over this. These guys are doing the dogs a favor by replacing or fixing broken teeth - I've seen comparisons of this to Michael Vick's treatment of dogs, which is absolutely absurd.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
Some day animals will rule the world..

We already do!

join