It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychiatry: Sick Cures For Healthy Profits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I've put together this compelation vid re my views on psychiatry. I'd like to make clear that I do NOT advocate sudden withdrawal from any psychiatric medications.

These drugs require to be recognised as the massive mind/brain/body manipulators they actually are. A decision to attempt to detox from these drugs is one that should be made in the full consciousness of their powerful effects, always always with a plan to withdraw usage gradually and preferably with support from others – the decision should never ever be made on the spur of the moment. Suddenly halting these drugs is almost guaranteed to take you straight back to the admissions ward due to sleeplessness, anxiety, paranoia, hallucinations, delusions mood swings, physical discomfort etc. etc.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Today as in the past many abnormal or troublesome personality traits and behaviors (delusions, mood swings, anxiety, paranoia, tics, nervousness) can be directly traced to use and effects of simple sugars and white flour products on the human brain.

A few people are severely psychotic or mentally ill and need medications.
Most people simply need to remove the influence of sugar and white flour, heavily processed rice and grain products from their diets. Then they are miraculously cured of their "disease." Dis-ease is imbalance and little more than that.
This is the biggest conspiracy perpetuated. That we are all so sick we need one drug or another.
Medicine is big business. We should go back to the days when DRUGS were not pushed on television if we want to be a healthier, less pill popping Nation.
Depressed? Give up sugar and take up running. You are cured. Most people will be anyway.
If you have a more severe case and these are extremely rare, THEN resort to mind altering and chemically drastic drugs - but never stop taking them suddenly.
Drugs make your body UNABLE to handle the exact same attack once the drugs are removed.

edit on 7-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Whatever the causes of psychosis may be I do not concur with biomedical/genetic models.

What the current treatments of psychiatry do is cause addiction and psychosis....for every one person that is helped another ten are harmed by its treatments and the enforced application of them.

Robert Whitaker made tthe following abundantly clear in his well researched books;

Initial psychosis is usually caused by extreme stress and/or trauma. If medication is given at that stage - rather than allowing an individual to come through the psychotic experience in a safe environment - a lifetime of dependance often occurs.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Did you make this video yourself because now that I actually watched it - it is great!
Seems you have a future in cinematography. Well presented and I like the score.

What the current treatments of psychiatry do is cause addiction and psychosis.

Not just psychiatry in the entire medical field. The goal appears to be: give it a cute name, (a couple of initials are best) and start clubs of people who all have the "same disease." Get them to have all their meds purchased in advance and have them conveniently shipped to the house.

The goal is a captive audience.
And they got one.

I have to wonder about these self professed "conspiracy theorists" who stand by and allow the most blatant and insidious effort to make us drug dependent, passive, or suicidal slip right under the radar.
And who says what is in the drug is what you are getting? It's an easy and sure way to "reach" people. As easy as fluoride in the water.

I don't even trust the double helix and the snakes around the pole logo. And having to kill people to make way for ones business model should have raised a flag or two. (burning midwives as witches in order to grab exclusive rights to treat people) Even now trying to ban homeopathics!!!

"They must be trying to protect us" At least that's what we think of the medical/pharmaceutical/ insurance industry - "Surely they have a reason for wanting to ban herbal and natural treatments" though none of us can think of one.
It isn't a conspiracy when it's right in front of your face.

Pure Evil and they get away with it because people are too busy watching for comets, checking birth certificates and scavenging for OBL's corpse so they can get an estimated time of death. Yet they take those pills and trust the medical industry to want to help them "get better."
Now that's mental.
edit on 7-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Doing it 'your way' is work, and requires thought and preparation. Popping a pill is easy- convenient and gives an in in social settings, even if side effects result.

This message is important- hope you keep spreading it!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ev0lveUp

Appreciate that but OP deserves all credit for the message. Got me going!!!
I will try to keep bumping however because I totally agree.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

This shows some of the older treatments for severe mental illness.
Makes today's slick "new and improved" - just pop a pill and pay the bill - treatments look good.
Honestly, WHY accept suggestions for what to do from the likes of these?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Thanks very much for posting that vid even tho' it gave me the shudders.

These people are not stupid - but they keep coming up with bogus theories first as to what causes psychosis et al and then and over the years have undertaken years of failed experimentation on real live human lab rats. Come on ! That footage of insulin therapy is just evil in action. The current models used to prescibe pharmaceuticals has as little basis in science as insulin therapy did.....but they makes a lot of dosh. Enforced lifetime dependancy usually does.

My great grandmother was a psychiatric nurse way back when - she gave her patients morphine who, curiously. got 'weird' when they stopped taking their meds too. They would cry out for more of the drug and my grandmother would inject them with water - it had exactly the same effect.

One of the cruelest side effects/withdrawals of the neuroleptic drugs is 'tardive psychosis' which is a result of the drug. It can present as a psychosis much more severe than whatever events led to being prescribed medication in the first place. When this happens the patient is classified as 'treatment resistent' and is prescribed ever higher doses and/or even stronger chemicals.

It's a cruel merry go round.

new topics

top topics

join