It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretoria lesbian girl raped

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Dude, sorry. Didn't know someone would be the royal nitpicker.
I said around, btw. I will change it.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack

I hope you know that's less than 1 percent of the population, so that's not even that bad if you think about it.

1 rape is 1 rape too many..
1% of any population is pretty damned bad really.. seeing as we're supposed to be a modern, civilised society

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

The truth is, rape is much more common in the US then people would like to think.
But sadly young women are often taught that they asked for and deserved it.

It has become such a gray area here even those who have been raped think it wasn't rape when it actually was just because they may have worn a short skirt, drank too much and passed out...

Then you have women with other underlying mental issues who lie about it, and those who lie about it for money.
So it has just become easier for no one to speak about it because they either wont believe you or you some how brought it on yourself and the only one to truly be punished in the end is the female.

Males and Females are both guilty for this twisted reality for this issue.

My heart goes out to the girl in OP's post.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Things like this make no sense to me. Wouldn't such a traumatic event, if it did anything at all in terms of sexuality, only make her more lesbian?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator

Originally posted by AngryOne
reply to post by donatellanator

If it's true, it's true. How "racist" it may seem is simply not relevant. I'm aware that there are exceptions as well as rules, but if Blacks are apparently much more prone to this type of thing that Whites are, then.....well, that's just reality. How is pointing out reality "racist"?
Do you know anything about crime statistics? Do you have to deal with "diversity"? If not, please.....

I refuse to fight with you over this. Do you think the person who wrote that stereotyping racist post actually knew the statistics in Germany? My wager would be on NO! I could almost safely bet my life that more WHITE GERMANS rape than black Germans or Africans. I live in the Southern US. I know what "diversity" is. It does NOT give credence to racist stereotyping... You need to treat each situation individually.

I do not believe in race, BTW.

edit on 7-5-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

Are you familiar with the concept of per capita? If Whites in Germany commit more crime than non-Whites, I think that the only reason is because there are so many more Whites than there are non-Whites. Do you understand? IN PROPORTION TO THEIR NUMBERS, HOWEVER.....

And as for refusing to believe in race, well, congratulations on being a habitual reality denier.
You see, while people indeed have individual traits, they clearly have certain collective traits as well. Personally, I do consider this relevant.

The truth is always there for those willing to seek it. No need to be so PC.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You want to know what I really think. I don't REALLY care that a lesbian girl in South Africa got raped. I only care for the sake of discussion. There's nothing that I can do to help her, and feeling sorry for her isn't going to do anything. Rape happens so often that it usually goes unreported. There's a lot of people out there who have been victims of rape than we think.

The reason why this is news is because a lesbian girl got raped by a guy. So a story isn't interesting if a straight girl gets raped by a guy, but it is interesting if a lesbian girl gets raped?

I just accept the fact that rape in every shape and form happens in this country and in the world, and we usually don't know about it. The best I can do is not do it myself, and make sure no one close to me is doing it.

For the sake of discussion, why is a 13 year old girl coming out that she is a lesbian? Can you really KNOW that you are a lesbian when you are that young? I'm sure the guy that raped her was thinking the same thing. And if this guy was religious, and believed that being gay is a sin, then he probably thought he was doing the will of God by punishing her in the way that God intended her to have sex. He was being considerate by exposing her to the right way before it was too late. If that was actually his justification, pretty clever if you ask me.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
As AIDS infested as South Africa is, I hope she at least escaped that.

Originally posted by Wang Tang
And if this guy was religious, and believed that being gay is a sin, then he probably thought he was doing the will of God by punishing her in the way that God intended her to have sex. He was being considerate by exposing her to the right way before it was too late. If that was actually his justification, pretty clever if you ask me.

Fairly disgusting.

Considerate?
Clever?

All I know is Karma is a beast.

and maybe it is time to ban all religion, they're just a breeding ground for ignorant sheep, I mean look at the pro-pedophile rape it causes you to promote and support and find way to make it justified.

disgusting.

and for EXTRA LULZ; look at his bible quote signature roflmaocopatomato
edit on 8-5-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

edit on 8-5-2011 by Lysergic because: delete meh

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang
The reason why this is news is because a lesbian girl got raped by a guy. So a story isn't interesting if a straight girl gets raped by a guy, but it is interesting if a lesbian girl gets raped?

Whether we like it or not, that's how news works. News services provide stories that they think will appeal to their readers/viewers, not what are necessarily the most ''important'' stories in the grand scheme of things.

A story about men purportedly raping a lesbian to ''correct'' her sexuality has widespread appeal because it's shocking and, above all, its salacious.

The prevalence of rape in South Africa is well documented, and consequently, people will tend to get blasé about instances of rape that take place in that country. It then takes an extreme case, such as this, to make the news, because of its shock value and sensationalist appeal.

Unfortunately, that's just the way it is.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Fairly disgusting.

Considerate?
Clever?

All I know is Karma is a beast.

and maybe it is time to ban all religion, they're just a breeding ground for ignorant sheep, I mean look at the pro-pedophile rape it causes you to promote and support and find way to make it justified.

disgusting.

and for EXTRA LULZ; look at his bible quote signature roflmaocopatomato

You are wrong on several counts. Religion does not lead me to my stance, so religion does not cause me or anyone to promote and support pedophile rape. In fact, I'm not religious at all. Religion does not lead people to become rapists and pedophiles, rapists and pedophiles use religion to justify themselves. If not religion they would use some other justification.

Having sex with a 13 year old is not necesarily pedophilia, 13 year old are often quite developed. A lot of American kids, and by a lot I mean between 30 and 50% these days starts having sexual activity around the age of 13.

I don't promote and support lesbian or pedophile rape. All I know is I'd feel better about myself if I raped a lesbian girl rather than a straight girl. Biologically, a lesbian girl is not much good to society because she can't reproduce. Guys in general view lesbian girls as less valuable to society than straight girls because they can't be wives, they won't have sex with guys, and they are a tease. That's why I think so many guys were caught on by this news story, because they subconsciously sympathize with the guy who raped the lesbian girl. Raping a lesbian girl is not any more horrific than raping a straight girl, so there has to be something else about it that is catchy.

And for EXTRA LULZ, what is so funny about looking at my signature? Does having a bible quote make me religious? Does having a bible quote make me righteous? Does having a bible quote make me an "ignorant sheep?"

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yeah set you straight.. but not literally heterosexually straight as indicated in the thread.
Men raping lesbians to set the STRAIGHT.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

Pretoria lesbian girl raped

www.timeslive.co.za

the girl, who was open about her sexuality, was raped in what seemed to be an act of "corrective rape" on Thursday.

According to activists, lesbian women are often victims of "corrective rape", which is forced sex with a man to "cure" their sexuality.

The department said every South African had the right to express themselves in the sexual orientation of their choice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Corrective rape to cure homosexuality is the dumbest thing ever. All your going to do is reinforce their homosexuality more.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

Nah I was thinking more like just another turd in this punch bowl called earth.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Poor child.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join