It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama bin Laden killing was 'abhorrent', says Castro

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Castro? Big deal. He's whining about the US wasting OBL? I wonder what he reaction was after 9/11, when the US was stuffing 3000+ citizens in body bags?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
I see Castro as a very likely candidate for one of the "Two Witnesses"; because I believe that the true witnesses will not be speaking scripture but instead "truth". Only a World Leader with such a long history could really ever know truth as this man has; could be that Gadhafi might be the other Witness??

I have no idea what the Two Witnesses is and it sounds religious so I don't really care, but I respect the fact that you are able to go against American propoganda and admire Castro. I am a Castro admirer myself, as any well-read skeptic should be. He is the leader of the only country in Latin America that was able to successfully develop without interference and exploitation from the United States.

What he hear about Cuba is the illegal immigrants coming into Miami and the defectors coming to the MLB. But that is not entirely Cuba's fault, it is also because the U.S. has closed itself off to Cuba and any Cuban baseball player who wants to strike it rich has to "defect" from Cuba.

What we don't hear about Cuba is its literacy rate, which is one of the highest in the world at 99%, thanks to an education program encouraged by Castro himself. And we don't hear about their beautiful music and dances that make up a rich culture. And they've got the best damn cigars in the world.

So I admire Castro for all he's done in history as a revolutionary, but with this quote, I still admire him today, still willing to stand up against the United States. While propoganda will shield his wisdom from most Americans, I see only words of reason coming from Castro now.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join