It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Awlaki targeted in Yemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Just now on CNN

I don't see a story on it yet, just on the breaking news banner.

I'm not sure what this means, but I'm thinking it may not be a good idea to start bombing Yemen..

Here's the article: www.cnn.com...

A U.S. military drone fired a missile within the last 48 hours in Yemen aimed at the radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, a U.S. official told CNN Friday.

www.cnn.com...

edit on 6-5-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Here we go:

The missile was fired at an area in southern Yemen that al-Awlaki is known to have frequented, the official said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Did one of the controllers pick his nose at the wrong time and lost control or something?

Are we heading into Yemen next? Seriously... ugh...

Looking for more info on this now.. Thanks for bringing it up.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

In the article it states that two Al Qaeda operatives were killed. Now, I gotta be honest, the timing of this isn't good. I'm not a flase flag waving lunatic at every corner kind of guy.. but this recent raid to kill Bin Laden sure seems like an excuse to cause an even bigger war in the region.

A week later, and we're bombing Yemen. hmmmmmm

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Also start looking for articles relating to Syria/Assad. They just gave a warning that if Syria doesn't change its ways, "more action" will be taken.

Looks like our almost official foreign policy is now assassination.

Funny I made a joke to that effect not too long ago. USA = United States of Assassins?

Oops. Sometimes I hate being right.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Just now on www.cnn.com...

I don't see a story on it yet, just on the breaking news banner.

I'm not sure what this means, but I'm thinking it may not be a good idea to start bombing Yemen..

Here's the article: www.cnn.com...

A U.S. military drone fired a missile within the last 48 hours in Yemen aimed at the radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, a U.S. official told CNN Friday.

www.cnn.com...

Didn't they just say this guy was dining at the dam pentagon?

If so I think this is another epic FAIL!!! extra DIV

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Yeah this just doesn't sit right with me. There's obviously more going on then being said. As the poster above you just pointed out, lots of assassination attempts going on lately.. Lybia, Syria, now Yemen.. None have been successful yet, (Don't quote me on Al-Awlaki, since no official statement on his status has been made)

makes me wonder what the next stage is...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
We need complete control of the ME before our currency collapses, is the only thing I can come up with. This is all happening too fast, and doesn't skip a beat.

Wesley Clark says bush plans to attack 7 countries ( September 22 2003)

A former commander of NATO's forces in Europe, Clark claims he met a senior military officer in Washington in November 2001 who told him the Bush administration was planning to attack Iraq first before taking action against Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Iran, Somalia and Sudan.

I'm surprised Yemen isn't on the list. This definitely furthers our involvement there though, and could be provoking other problems.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Just keep in the back of your mind... that the Yemeni gov't is allied with the US.. and according to some of the wikileaks releases, the US has conducted attacks on AQ elements in Yemen, with the Yemen gov't taking credit for those attacks..

So this wouldn't be the first US attack in Yemen..

Pure speculation on my part, but I have been thinking that Yemen would be the next place that our troops will be sent since those leaked reports..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yemens the type of country you can bomb and walk away.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The attacks on AQ are to be expected. Any and all information on terriost cells through out the world will be exploited. The information on the death of OBL should have been hush hush, to keep the terrorist from having enough time to pack up and move out of any geographic location they have set camp in. I for see a ramping up for at least a couple months all over the world.

Besides there is a lot of red tape and diplomatic processes involved with going into another country. Wouldn't want troops getting killed by being mistaken as a invading force. Besides isn't most of the world already comfortable with terrorists being taken out?

Oh well one mans freedom fighter/revolutionary is another man's terrorist/traitor/insurgent/rebel.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

This is actually like the third or fourth time this guy has been around during a missile strike. The last one trageted the car he was driving, although they were going after one of the other top leaders in the car. Everyone in the car except this guy was killed.

I think we are going to need some cryptonite eventually to nail this guy.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
They're taking out all off Al - CIAda because nobody is falling for their crappy lie that terrorists hate our freedom.Just watch over the next few weeks they'll tick off half of their most wanted terrorists.

BTW isn't it funny how Bin Laden recorded a video a few weeks back talking about if he dies??? thats the rumor of what he says in it. He's like the Tupac of terrorism
edit on 6-5-2011 by R3N3G4D3 because: edited for spelling mistakes

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Why didn't they send in the Seals and the Stealth Helo's?

Is this the next boogeyman?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Why didn't they send in the Seals and the Stealth Helo's?

Is this the next boogeyman?

Don't forget the Dog...

Doesn't surprise me.. soon it will be Iran, Pakistan.. and a multitude of others

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Anwar Al-Awlaki is a known CIA asset and this braking news is total BS and manufactured by the US government.
Anwar Al-Awlaki is responsible for the underwear bomber and several other false flag attacks. Please read this article posted by Fox News below. All designed to bring in the police state and take away all your freedoms.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
is this the same guy?
if it is
for shame america

Dining with the enemy: Al Qaeda leader linked to 9/11 hijackers 'was invited to the Pentagon for lunch after attacks'

An Al Qaeda leader who is one of the most wanted men in the world was invited for lunch at the Pentagon in the aftermath of the September 11 terrorist attacks, a new report has claimed.

New documents have been obtained which apparently detail how Anwar Al-Awlaki, the first American on the CIA's kill or capture list, rubbed shoulders with high-ranking military personnel just months after the atrocities.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

active topics

join