It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The PaperPhone - Flexible phone made from electronic paper to debut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

A prototype flexible smartphone made of electronic paper has been created by Canadian researchers.

The PaperPhone can do all the things bulkier smartphones can do such as make and take calls, send messages, play music or display e-books.

The gadget triggers different functions and features when bent, folded and flexed at its corners or sides.

First a £15 miniscule computer and now a mobile phone which is like paper

It will be around 5 years though before this is available but still amazing nonetheless.

Technology is getting so tiny these days will all soon need microscopes to find our gadgets.

It won't be long before our cellphones will look like a piece of sellotape stuck to the side of our faces.
edit on 6-5-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Warning - Do not use as toilet paper!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
Warning - Do not use as toilet paper!

ah beat me to it

edit on 6/5/11 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
More and more I am beginning to understand why there is little if not zero evidence of an advanced culture like our own that has lived on earth like ourselves.

The reason is as we become more advanced, and green, we become more biodegradable, so to speak. Maybe this is why Georgia guide stones and the Pyramids are built from stone.

Guide stones, Rosetta stones etc... This all makes me wonder why we regard the 'stone' age to be the stuff of child's play and infancy of human development.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Here a link with a video of the prototype.news.sympatico.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Wow, now that is pretty cool. I can think of alot more ways to use this tech. Could you imagine a TV that thin, or even interactive school books. Seems like it should be very cheap to produce before too long.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hopefully we will have contact lenses with embedded screens. Wouldnt that be cool. While in meetings you could be watching a movie from netflix.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

OK now that really would be cool.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JPeveto4

but the boss will be seeing through some to (and monitoring u) so you better be tuned into the presentation! We not spending money on materials lol

top topics

join