It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homesick for unremembered places

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hi all,

Please forgive me for not reading all post, when i read the first post i just had to post my personal believe in this matter.

I believe what you are talking about is all related to dreams.
Think about it when you are sleep your soul leaves the body and travels, know how you never seem to recall how you got there in the first place and yet you are there nevertheless and you seem to mingle very well to your surrounding thats is of course if its not a nightmare.

So when you do travel to a place when you are awake you get this feeling, this is because when your soul traveled to the desired location and settles and the dream is peaceful. So when you are not comfortable with your real life and your dream a wonderful dream it makes an impact on your mind. But as time goes on in real life there is a chance you will stumble onto the same or spit image if the landscape that you saw in your wonderful dream that when your mind realize that its same location it releases the emotion that you felt in your dream.

Anyways thats my opinion.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I remember the breeze. On a warm summers night when the breeze is just perfect it causes a feeling of homesickness so powerful it sometimes brings me to tears. I can relate to many of the posters in this thread. I am constantly nagged by this feeling that I just do not belong here. I don't fit in, I don't connect with people. I don't understand this cultuer and the way people think sometimes. Although I am not the worlds greatest poet.... this feeling of not belong did inspire me to write a poem. It's called

Although

Although I speak your language
Our words are not the same
Although I play by your rules
I’m not part of your game

Although I share your history
Were not from the same place
Although I run behind you
I care not who wins your race

Although I live among you
This is not my home
Although I walk beside you
In truth I walk alone

Although your eyes are working
You’ve yet to truly see
The truth found in my wording
That might finally set you free

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Oh my god, this is EXACTLY how I feel, esp when I watch movies like Mists of Avalon and most definitely the Lord of the rings movies. Other movies do this to me as well, and paintings/artwork based on ancient places or futuristic places, like I BELONG there...these things stir a feeling in me, like I've been to similar places before...
I DEFINITELY believe in reincarnation

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is such an obscure feeling and hard to describe, and I see the word homesick used and it doesn't feel like the right word choice for me. The only way to describe it was how I felt this morning around four staring up at the stars. I had the urge to go across the street to the park and found a half decent clearing and laid down for an hour or so. After a little bit I just felt lost and way out of place. Lost is the only way I can really describe it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SameLameName

you feel misplaced, right?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Firstly, I would like to say, that I feel a small bit of relief that I am not alone in this odd feeling. I can relate to almost all the things you have posted in here about.

At different times I've felt that way about the past, early 20th Century particular called to me as a 'simpler' time, for a while. I have felt pulled to different 'times' in history, with varying degrees of intensity. Although these feelings are strong in their own way, and have a similar flavour to the Homesick one, I don't feel it in quite the same degree.

For a while I considered some type of what you were talking about Wachstum. I usually attempt to process through a logical, non-esoteric line of thinking in conjuction with esoteric possibilities. However in this instance, the word "homesick" is the utter definition of the feeling. It's a deep level of sadness that just washes over you, combined with an aching feeling of loss and with the accompanying awareness of "home" comes a sudden sharp disconnection with your usual familiar things that would give you the feeling of home.

It's almost as if, whatever your mental definition of home is and usually gives you comfort, becomes the palest shadow of the true meaning of "home".

Elphineas, I liked your poem, it definitely resonated. Wisintel, your poem could have been written by me - more especially at the point when I'm feeling my homesick.

I don't feel misplaced, which to me suggests there to be an element of accident. Have you ever had the regular feeling of homesick? When you are feeling this, you are in a place you wish you weren't. (School camp springs to mind). Generally, you are there because you must be there, and you participate and even enjoy yourself during the time 'away' from 'home'. But you are always aware that you are Not at home.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Reincarnation.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by azurecara

Interesting. I have had a feeling that this is not My home - but also a vision of what it is. At some point two years ago I saw how it was We could get from where We are now to My home. My home is in the future, and there are cities that float in the skies. There is no money for the energy of the universe flows freely to provide robots for any job no one wants to do. Humans are kind and Ethical and the Betterment Ethic (which supplanted the old "work ethic") drives science, technology, education, and art.

I have known a long time I had a job to do on this planet - but never mentioned it to anyone. I really was not sure what it was that I would do (or try to do) until two years ago when the pieces fell together in my head. That is when I wrote The Abundance Paradigm.

So here I am, trying to bring a solution to the world financial collapse. And poverty. And corruption. And...well. Every ill related to the LOVE of money.

Please read the two threads here that distill the Ideas into short form. They are linked in My sig.

The End of Entropy - the foundation - read first

The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform - the structure

I look forward to comments. (The Abundance Paradigm is included in my cowritten book, available here on ATS free - see my sig.)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Home sick? check! adore Orion constellation? check! memories triggered by nature and needing to wander far and wide with a restless soul? Damn I scored a full house.

When I was old enough to tell my Mum (3) about my dreams she just was always stumped. I'll try describe it best I can.

Huge city pyramids on a planet, humanoid beings but lion features - Feline but very large / powerful type of beings. The city was run on a needs basis - no one went without because no one was left behind.

Spiritual wise they worshipped a single 'Creator' that was everything but was represented by the planets 'Sun'. Not Sun worshippers but using it as a way to pictorial describe their belief.

Now this is why I get home sick - I see Orion and my childhood dreams come rushing back at me like an express train. Also living in a city makes me feel very very sick / isolated and I need to be out in the wilds as much as possible to remain positive - however this is also accompanied by wanderlust and ever since I was old enough to pay my way I have lived many many different cities and countries, always finding I need the deepest cold or the hottest hot to make me feel 'well'.

Thanks for the thread and letting me vent this out!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by enteri

I believe you are correct my friend.

I know the sense that something is not quite right. That there is something more out there, or there is something you can't quite put your finger on. I also have been through similar feelings that many other people seem to feel.

I think we are souls given the opportunity to experience life in a physical manifestation in order to learn lessons. It is not easy, and on some internal level we wish to return to the sea of love we came from.

We are here for a reason. There are lessons that must be learned. Let love into your heart, and all the challenges of the physical become easier to deal with.

Take care. Remember life is the greatest gift, and the greatest challenge.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yes, for years, and we have a home, a Family, true love, much joy waiting for us to pass the earth tests.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Well put . I have also felt this way since childhood. Lately life has been terribly hard for my family. it seems like every day we have bigger obstacles than the day before. It seems like since i was about 15, half my life, every time i really cry, i end up crying like a baby repeating the phrases, i want to go home, please let me come home. I am very in tune and the response i always get is, its not your time yet. I still cant figure out where home actually is, i just know it is not here on earth. sorry for the depressing take on this but please dont feel alone. As you can see, plenty of us wanna go home soon, so fear not, we 'll leave the light on for ya. Blessings.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by azurecara

"your usual familiar things"... that doesnt sound like you would deeply feel your home as you should... what i mean is, in a family not too bad, you can see them as the ones for whom it is worth living, who you deeply love, etc.

If you have no strong connection to your own family, so, if you are unable to love them, who in the world might deserve your love then? should we not try to love those, who are closest to us first? Sometimes it may not be possibly, but i suppose in most cases we simply dont try hard enough.

If it is so, then your longing that you describe is surely a cry from your soul for the food that he/she/it deserves. Well, real love. not hours in front of the screen and (beautiful) fantasies about humans with 'lion-feature', which might remind you of sphinxes in front of the pyramids, haha. (i know that it was not you who wrote that)
cheers

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Some of us are in this world but not of it. They know what I mean.

Stay strong, you're here because you wanted to be, although you don't remember.

Every and each time you feel like this, please don't feel sad. I know it can be hard but you must be strong for that is what you bring.

This is not where we belong but whilst we're here, be happy!

Won't be long now x

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I've had the same feeling my whole life. I get really sad and think "I just want to go home". I've explained it to my family and my doctors and they have given me their opinions on the subject but none of them seem right.

I'v been prescribed medication to treat my OCD (Mood stabilizers, Antidepressants and Antipsychotics) and the docs thought they would also help with this strange feeling but they didn't.

So they can't say it's related to a mental disorder, because then therapy would have helped me. I don't know why I feel this way, I just hope someday I get to feel I'm home.

Also, I feel incomplete sometimes, as if a person I knew wasn't with me anymore. But no one close to me has died or anything. It's like missing someone who should have existed but doesn't for some reason. I wonder what that is all about.

edit on 7-5-2011 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Very interesting topic. I've never had these feelings, although something in the back of mind is shouting at me right now, like I have a very long time ago. It's incredible isn't it? The mind seems like an abyss at times... What secrets are you holding from us you mysterious ballet of lightswitches? Or is the brain the one that is holding all the secrets, or even any? It could be that the brain is like a CPU in a computer, and the soul is the hard drive.

Perhaps meditation or some past life regression would help bring out these memories in us. Meditation is a little more practical for me, so off I am, thanks OP. Brightened up my day considerably.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have this feeling quite a lot. I am homesick for a place that I don't really remember. Maybe it's some place that I visited as a small child or another life. Either way, sometimes I'm gripped by an agonizing desire to simply go home.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is a first for me. I never post without reading the whole thread first, but I am compelled this time to break with protocol. For more than 35 years i have had this same feeling. As a child I always had a sort of mourning for a place that is just outside of my memory. Whenever I think of 'home', it always has a deeper meaning to me. I could never fully explain it and it has lead me to read many books on different theories of what it may mean to me.
One that has always resonated with me in particular is reincarnation, or actually the realm between lives where one reviews the past incarnations and plans the next one to come. I envision a type of classroom where you go over your lesson plans and see how close you came to fulfilling your goals in the life that has just passed. I see it as a place where the souls that are connected to you are reunited with your own and you see the roles that they played in directing your life. There are many great authors who share this point of view and is a bit validating when you read something that really speaks to your beliefs.

I do not know if it is even close to the truth, but when confronted with the unknowable, all you really have is faith.

thanks for bringing this up, it has been years since I had a chance to voice these thoughts.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Wachstum: I consider your point to be quite valid. It could stem for some type of disassociative psychological disorder. Or perhaps an offshoot of a form of depression? However, it is worth considering the esoterical implications of this feeling. More to the point, why random people would have the same/very similar types of feelings.

If I wanted to take a more scientific approach I might be inclined to do an informal poll and corrolate some similarities in the backgrounds, cultures and thinking structures behind all those who can relate to this type of feeling. However, this task is quite beyond my scope, which I have no problems admitting.

I am quite interested in all the theories and suggestions that are put forth and welcome the variety.

So far, the ideas are psychological based stemming from a non-esoterical source, such as feeling unloved or disconnection from those who One should feel this connection to.

Esoterical in that it stems from a past-life memory, a memory of an in-between incarnation place, a possible connection to dreams... (I may have overlooked some...)

All in all, quite a few people can relate to this feeling, and I believe it holds valid that there is something unusual in it. Worth thinking on...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Since I was a little I have had this same gut wrenching tear making feeling. I used to ask my mother when can I go home? She finally figured out I was not asking to go to our home, but home to "heaven", for lack of better words, but to me thats where it will be. All my life I have lived with this underlying need to go home. In my mid twenties, God stepped in to ease my mind some. Here is that experience.

After two consecutive nights of bartending and not partaking, I just wanted to get back to my dorm, leave the drunks to go there merry way and leave me the heck alone. I drove the 40 minutes sometimes in tears, I am headed to where I live but it's not HOME. I get there, its late. I usually headed out with the gang, but this time my heart wasn't in it, so i just headed back alone. I let myself in, and try to decompress. I end up sitting on the floor by my bed, stinking of alcohol for which I had had none. And questioned, "Is this what's suppose to be like?" Living? My soul, to the very depths began to cry. Had never really felt such world moving shuddering. I spoke out loud I wanna come home, please? Then I felt warm, calm, real, LOVE overwhelm me. I quietened my sobs, and breathed slower, trying to listen to what the universe was telling me. In real words, into my heart and mind, came this: Your soul is on it's last incarnation. It has but one lesson left. When you accomplish that life lesson, then you will come home. Your name is written in the book of life, but not the name you carry now, but you will learn this when you come for the last time. I could tell my soul fought coming into this incarnation kicking and screaming! Musta been hard kicking my out and getting me into this body, lol. At this point, I experience my one and only OBE. I see myself sitting on the cool tile floor of my dorm room, then see the roof of the building, then the city lights, then surroundings of my county then state, then that of the mid/east US, my attention changes upward, I see a spiraling of joyous souls singing and praising as they join a collective of souls ascending. I depart the earth's realm into space and feel I was brought through a veil only temporarily to view. I see the pedestal with the Book of Life the attendant moves from my field of vision. My guide joined me during my assent then beyond the pedestal was a Temple with gates on all four side, clearly marked East, West, North, and South. At that point I had an overwelming desire to get inside, I''ve gotta meet my Creator and thank Him. My guide very abruptly stopped me and said no, you cant go inside yet, not till its time. I begged, he said I had to go back to my body, and for me to go inside my mind would not be able to handle it at this time. Which made me consider that some time I will. And gently but abruptly am plumped back into my body on the cold floor. Dried tears on my face, I get up and take sweet time preparing for bed. Lots of things go through my thoughts. Why me? Why was I shown this, but my souls eases a bit. I know at least to Him I am somebody.

Is still long to go home. And at times cry to my depths because I miss it so. I have often wondered what's the lesson? Still must not have figured that one out cause I am still here. I have though hope and love, and to me solid evidence that there is a Heaven. I just hope I am doing what it is I am suppose to be doing. At many times I do enjoy living and having the experiences I am suppose to be having. I have had my fair share of the good and the bad. To each it's season.

But Still: I JUST WANT TO COME HOME.

This is my story, it is what it is.

edit on 9-5-2011 by SunflowerStar because: me for my grammer edit

top topics

<< 1   >>

join