It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member of the UN takes their seats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
After the EU opens more than 50 Embassies around the world as you can read here....

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Now the EU has gained a seat on the UN.. www.telegraph.co.uk...

Soon other other regions will follow.

Super-observer status means they can overrule their member states. Just as the EU Embassies can overrule the member state's embassy.

Other regional groups such as the Arab League, African Union and the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) may now seek a similar extra observer rights at the global body, diplomats said.

And African and Arab states said the acceptance of the special rights for the European Union was a precedent that could be followed by other regional organisations such as the African Union and Arab League.

Hands up how many here already knew the EU had opened embassies? I'm guessing not many.

Soon they will only need a few chairs, one for each region, their secretaries, some translators and a president.

edit on 5-5-2011 by moogins because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by moogins

I read this and I must admit I was quite shocked at it. So where do we go now if we need to speak to a consulate?

The British Embassy or E.U Embassy?

Also, will the E.U have a permanent seat eventually? Will Britain and France concede their permanent seats in favour? Will we have a choice? Because everything the E.U does, we never have a say on anyway.

We should have been voting in a referedum on whether to stay in the E.U not voting on the ridiculous AV system.

edit on 5/5/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by moogins

I read this today and I must admit I was quite shocked at it. So where do we go now if we need to speak to a consulate?

The British Embassy or E.U Embassy?

Also, will the E.U have a permanent seat eventually? Will Britain and France concede their permanent seats in favour? Will we have a choice? Because everything the E.U does, we never have a say on anyway.

We should have been voting in a referedum on whether to stay in the E.U not voting on the ridiculous AV system.

You are perhaps only shocked because you didn't know about the embassies opened over a year ago.

Was this part of the Lisbon treaty hiddin in there somewhere?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by moogins

I meant having read your link today, it's been a long day, lol.

Probably, but to be fair I haven't read the full treaty.

Saying that, how many country's leaders read the treaty before signing up to it.
edit on 5/5/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

www.telegraph.co.uk...

This was called out years ago too. It is part of the plan.

Constitutional Treaty text of 2004 has this provision.

edit on 6-5-2011 by moogins because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I have to admit that I knew the embassies where going up but didn't know how far they'd got.. I was more intrigued by the military treaty between the UK and France that gives the EU nuclear teeth.. which plays into my gut feeling that we are seeing the rise of a modern version of the Roman Empire.

edit on 6/5/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join