It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity created from combining ideas from other religions into one?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Christianity has nothing to do with Christ. It has to do with a cardboard cutout of Christ hiding the Roman Empire. That is why our world is hell on earth. the following will deal with some of the lies you raised up about God and the slave masters of Earth.

Christ came as a common man to lead by example. Rome came took over his name and authority and raped boys for fun pretending to be holy while living as a King on the backs of widows and orphans enslaving mankind.

4.bp.blogspot.com...

1.bp.blogspot.com...

4.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Of course the dogmas and rituals evolved out of the ways people always did things. But the dogmas and rituals aren't what matter. Protestants and Catholics are too caught up in the former and the latter, respectively, and scoffers in their reaction are of course too caught up in both.

But the change of heart is what matters.

And stories of this abound. People nitpick over the whiz-bang miracles recorded in the book, but a sudden, drastic change of heart (a.k.a. repentance) from egotism to altruism is a much more important miracle, and one just as impossible in a mere animal, and yet happens all the time.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ztruthseeker

understand I don't have a lot time to waste and I am thinking this entire site is nothing but a cage for the people here to stay busy until they die. Should I bother with you "talking heads" or just let you die needlessly?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

I am convinced the people on this site are doomed to sit and make silly rules and play silly games with themselves when the truth is staring them in the face. You look for demons everywhere except inside your own mind. The government does not have to lock you up you are already in a cage in your own mind and the demons are the guards.

4.bp.blogspot.com...

1.bp.blogspot.com...

4.bp.blogspot.com...

1.bp.blogspot.com...

4.bp.blogspot.com...

3.bp.blogspot.com...

4.bp.blogspot.com...

1.bp.blogspot.com...

4.bp.blogspot.com...

1.bp.blogspot.com...

1.bp.blogspot.com...

2.bp.blogspot.com...

edit on 09/19/1950 by enochrodofiron because: change amount of information wasted on this site

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by enochrodofiron

Christianity has nothing to do with Christ. It has to do with a cardboard cutout of Christ hiding the Roman Empire. That is why our world is hell on earth. the following will deal with some of the lies you raised up about God and the slave masters of Earth.

Christ came as a common man to lead by example. Rome came took over his name and authority and raped boys for fun pretending to be holy while living as a King on the backs of widows and orphans enslaving mankind.

4.bp.blogspot.com...

1.bp.blogspot.com...

4.bp.blogspot.com...

I never said it did....BTW I know all about Christianity only being used as a tool for the Roman's to keep hold of their empire. Constantine himself didn't even convert until his deathbed so I don't think I need the history lesson.
Are you sure you were replying to me?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
For movie buffs out there might I suggest a few interesting documentaries on religion? They are easily found on Netflix:

"Waiting for Armageddon"
"Constatines' Sword"
"Islam"
"The Tabernancle"

They are all very interesting finds, especially "Waiting for Armageddon". It give the outlook of the end time phrophachies from evangelical christians, but it also gives the perspective of the Jewish faith. It is well worth the watch and kind of scary to think that there are those out there trying to fulfill the end time prophecy.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

What you don't know is his BAPTISM WAS A FRAUD AND HE KNEW IT WAS A FRAUD. If I think the people can handle the truth here I may waste my time posting about the demonic baptism of Constantine it had nothing to do with Christ.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by enochrodofiron

What you don't know is his BAPTISM WAS A FRAUD AND HE KNEW IT WAS A FRAUD. If I think the people can handle the truth here I may waste my time posting about the demonic baptism of Constantine it had nothing to do with Christ.

Yes, I DO know..It was obvious he knew it was codswallop, he just had to be SEEN to set the example before his death.
Look mush, I'm not religious, I think it's all a crap tool to keep the masses in check. It's obvious the thing called Christianity is a thieving bastardization of religions that have gone before it. I just don't know why yer screaming abdabs are directed at me.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

look at your advertisement of yourself who else is begging to be taught?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I enjoy this particular subject of the roots of christianity. But, I think within this particular discussion something not given proper perspective is the claims of factual evidence. I'm not sure how one can read any ancient text and scream "look there it is evidence!!!" Everything has bias. Claims of constantines baptism being demonic or not done for a personal spiritual reason, although it may seem to be the case, I for one would not be willing to make that assertion. Or that religion was created to keep the masses in check. That statement doesnt have any evidence to support it. What there is evidence of is the use of religion by people in power. Religions origins are not known and I seriously doubt it will ever be known. With the similarities we can find in certain stories that exist from one culture or civilization to another is very interesting and worth a careful study in many cases its far enough apart to argue they were not shared as easy the opposite argument.

But that is the beauty of opinion and interpretation, you can read the information and make your own. I do hope that people do not stop searching with things like zietgest and the like. Although I personally enjoyed the film I found it to be lacking in presenting complete pictures of the subject matter.

Finally, a bit about me. I am an atheist. Unlike many I 100% support religious practice and see the beauty in it that others do not. And yes, I know the problems, the killing, and oppression it has caused but that doesn't change my stance.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I can't believe you fine people have gotten this far without mentioning Mithras once. To opine about the origins of the Christ and his followers without invoking the direct antecedent of same is a mistake, in my opinion. Especially considering that there are temples still being erected in his honour, and heinous deeds being done in his name every day by the monied elite.

Let's start with the obvious, shall we?

goo.gl...
edit on 19-5-2011 by Telfer because: Link trackers disabled

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Telfer

...your sir know NOTHING of old history from B.C. ...Druids, Pagans, Celtics, Germanic, Its all from 2000-100 BC then it started to get supressed as "Magick and witchcraft" eventhought we were studying science and the simple minded people of that age probally wouldnt understand YEAH MAN WE GOT ALASTRINGS AND WERE IN A MULTIVERSE AND WE KNOW THAT THE EARTH IS ALIVE ( IN A WAY) BECAUSE WE GIVE IT LIFE AND IT GIVES IT TO US AS A REBUTTAL! it was dumbed down for the people of there time...They didnt know we would understand that stuff on a global scale by now. its like i know alot of Christians and catholics that HATE new world Creationists because a world being 4000 years old they KNOW is BS because of Observation thought old science...
edit on 5/19/11 by Solsthime331 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by enochrodofiron I have stopped by again to see if the "talking heads" have done anything since my last visit. They made more rules for the concentration inmates. As the world around them is being destroyed they are pretending to do something.

SEVEN VIALS ARE REAL

4.bp.blogspot.com...

TEN PLAGUES ARE REAL

1.bp.blogspot.com...

DEAD MENS BONES

2.bp.blogspot.com...

demonology

2.bp.blogspot.com...

UNDERSTANDING PUTIN HE KNOWS TRUTH KINGDOM OF JUDAH AND ISRAEL

4.bp.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics