It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally saw a halo around the sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's one thing to see the pictures, but when I looked up noticed this it actually startled me for a second. Just never seen this with my own eyes till today, and I've never taken any pics I felt worthy of putting on ATS till today. Sorry If this is lame to everyone else.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Definitely not lame, I enjoy when others post these

I saw my first one about a month or so ago. I took pics and started a thread on it as well. I don't blame you for being happy. I was pretty fascinated myself. You are right though, the pictures don't compare to the real thing, but the pics are still worth posting for others to see.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Nice!! I saw a pretty cool halo around the moon a couple weeks ago. I really need to start taking more photos of stuff like I used to.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Here is a shot of the one from today here on the southern Texas boarder. I only got one shot because I have seen it before.
There were quite a few people straining to look up all over the place today. It was almost the top story on the local news.

People are easily entertained.

Enjoy.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm no expert but it just looks like a reflection on the atmosphere like a rainbow.

top topics

join