It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden; What to tell your kids?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
With the recent media attention regarding the death of Osama Bin Laden, it is a given that it will eventually, if it hasn't already, trickle down to your children.

The news is on tv, the internet, newspapers, and magazines etc

Teachers are talking about it, parents are talking about it, and even if they are only discussing it amongst themselves, kids are sure to be listening and overhearing.

So what do you tell them about it?

Do you say he is dead? He isn't dead?

Do you even mention it!?

What if they ask about it?

Do you tell your older kids not to tell your younger ones?

I'm interested in your thoughts and would like to hear your responses.

I put this in social issues, because I think nationwide this is an issue many Americans will be having to face over the next few days.

Thoughts?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

Tell you kids whatever you want, that is the beauty of being a parent.

We do lie to them every day with Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, etc. Tell them he is dead so you don't have to explain anything else to them.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have a 9 year old daughter. I struggled with this very issue all day Monday. When she got home from school, we had a talk about it.

I told her that our soldiers killed a very bad man on the other side of the world.

She doesn't need to know any more than that. I feel like the government.

I need a shower.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I have been struggling with this very issue, i am kind of trying to sow the seeds in them as to question, how do we know? and we cant just take someone's words for truth, we need evidence. Clearly not going to deep, just enough to kind of give them a clue as to just because fred says it is dark, it might not be , go check for yourself.

Clearly there is a lot more to it than just this simplistic sentence that i offer, but i am sure you get the general idea of my point.

Truth

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That he was an ex-cia asset used by the americans to cover
1. The murder of u.s citizens by the u.s government.
2. The excuse to strip u.s citizens of their rights
3. A cover for the illegal / immoral wars for corporate profit by the corrupt old bastards in d.c
4. He died several years ago - not a few days ago as claimed by der fuhrer obama.
The moral of the story boys and girls is NEVER trust the u.s (or any other) government

top topics

join