It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police investigating Taiwan Doomsday prophet who predicts a mag 14.0 EQ on May 11

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoopDawg
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

Since a magnitude 14 has never happened, how can anyone have an opinion on what it would do?

All we can do is speculate. And if a 9.1 EQ is 1000x times more powerful than a 9.0 EQ, a 9.2 EQ 1000x times more powerful than a 9.1, etc, etc - you don't need to be a geology major to fathom what type of destruction an unprecented event like a mag 14 EQ would cause.

I believe in the movie 2012 the EQ that destroyed LA and sunk the west coast into the ocean was 12 mag EQ, but then again that was just a movie and something like that can never happen in real life.....or so we've been told.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
There isnt a single topic known to man that hasnt already been posted on ATS before...

Previous Thread

Its probably why the search function exists.

My apologies, and I can't believe I missed this since it was on the breaking news forum.

Techincally though it should have been posted in the proper forum which is this one. Because this is just another prediction, and hopefully an innaccurate and absurd one at that.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pabama
www.geo.mtu.edu...

I suppose, in theory- it could happen? I don't know enough about the scale to make a determination- just that with every increase, the severity grows. Ie- the difference between an 8.1 from an 8.0 is much greater than 4.1 from 4.0. So a 14 would seem to destroy....a lot. It would be more powerful than a giant meteorite hitting the earth. Likelihood? Doubtful

To be fair his prediction states that Taiwan would be split in half, and an earthquake of that magnitude (14) would be necessary for that to occur. If he said Taiwan would be split in half by a 9.0 earthquake now THAT would not make sense.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

let's see..have some fun with this:
Two peas in a Padded Pod ( relatives visiting )
Pod Patch ( rental complex )
I Pad ( a place to recharge my I phone )
Piddle Pad ( Pod public latrine )
It's sad and even if the guy was right..how would anyone survive a humungous tidal wave given
the power of water?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Bump - what is with all these mega quake predictions for 05/11/11?

The latest one for Italy was apparently made many years ago from a seismologist that died in 1979. Hopefully all of these predictions won't come to pass and are just a coinicidence...
edit on 9-5-2011 by Disconnected Sociopath because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join