It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden's burial at sea questioned by Islamic scholars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Bin Laden's burial at sea questioned by Islamic scholars

www.suntimes.com

CAIRO — Muslim clerics said Monday that Osama bin Laden’s burial at sea was a violation of Islamic tradition that may further provoke militant calls for revenge attacks against American targets.

Although there appears to be some room for debate over the burial — as with many issues within the faith — a wide range of Islamic scholars interpreted it as a humiliating disregard for the standard Muslim practice of placing the body in a grave with the head pointed toward the holy city of Mecca.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
President Obama and at least one other senior U.S. official have claimed that the burial of bin Laden's body was being handled in accordance with Islamic practice and ritual. Clearly, it is not common practice to bury at sea under these circumstances. As this article states, it is not only uncommon, it is considered disrespectful and an insult to the Islamic faith.

I personally don't care if this alleged body of bin Laden was treated in accordance with Islamic practice, but I do care about the highly suspicious manner in which our government is behaving in disposing of this alleged body.

Clearly the 24-hour disposal of the body aspect of the ritual happens to be very convenient. As far as disposing of the body at sea, it would appear to me that they have made a mistake that has the potential to bring more problems to America.

I have read in several news reports that the U.S. claims to have both pictures of the body and a videotape of the burial at sea, but they are debating on whether or not to release them out of fear they will jeopardize future operations related to this war effort.

REALLY?

How so? How would the photos do that? Other than possibly inciting more rage among the militants, I can't see how photos of a body or a sea burial would do anything to jeopardize our future operations. But, if this is the reason they will not release the photos, one has to ask.....

Haven't they already given militants a reason to seek revenge by this burial at sea that is considered an insult to the Islamic faith?

COME ON, U.S......GET YOUR STORY STRAIGHT........

They didn't seem to have these concerns about jeopardizing war operations when they released footage of the capture of Saddam Hussein....

www.suntimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
There are several threads that are discussing these issues regarding Osama Bin Laden's Death.

Please add your comments, concerns or theories to one of them.

Closed.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

new topics

join