It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that they got Osama, will they go after the remaining 911 perps?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

No, my assessment of what you have posted is dead on. You see things along official story lines, leaving just enough wiggle room to tell yourself that you aren't blindly believing what you have been told to believe.

On a larger scale America ought to be looking at the way it conducts its foreign and economic affairs, but that's going to take even more leg work.

So in other words, you think we just need to make a few tweeks. The problem is that we aren't conducting our foreign affairs quite the way we should. We just need to do the leg work.

You are clinging to a fantasy that flies in the face of historical realities.

9/11 Truth is an excuse - one of them - not to do that.

The 9-11 truth movement is calling for a massive overhaul of the U.S. government, especially the way it conducts its foreign and economic affairs. The whole system needs to be torn apart and rebuilt, because it has rotted at the core.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

No, my assessment of what you have posted is dead on. You see things along official story lines, leaving just enough wiggle room to tell yourself that you aren't blindly believing what you have been told to believe.

Who is telling me to believe this? I read much mainstream and non-mainstream media and I judge what I think is worthwhile based on a variety of criteria.

I've assessed your sources and they're largely without merit. As I discussed above - and you ignored - they make a variety of claims that they don't substantiate, or make leaps of logic that don't follow from the evidence they've presented. This is not unusual in conspiracist literature, but it doesn't matter to the intended consumer because - like you - they've usually made up their minds and are happy to be told what to think as long as it conforms to a set of existing prejudices.

On a larger scale America ought to be looking at the way it conducts its foreign and economic affairs, but that's going to take even more leg work.

So in other words, you think we just need to make a few tweeks. The problem is that we aren't conducting our foreign affairs quite the way we should. We just need to do the leg work.

How can you read that and think that what's required is just "a few tweeks" [sic]?

I'm talking about a theoretical reappraisal and then a practical overhaul of how America sees itself and how it looks outwards. How the country organises itself economically and socially, even - if I was being a bit pretentious - aesthetically.

If you think that's easy then you're mighty wrong.

The 9-11 truth movement is calling for a massive overhaul of the U.S. government,

On internet message boards.

That's my point. The Truth Movement is composed mainly of people arguing with debunkers on the internet. It has no real agenda, no hope of success. It can call for anything it likes because it knows that it's not going to get it.

especially the way it conducts its foreign and economic affairs. The whole system needs to be torn apart and rebuilt, because it has rotted at the core.

...is what I wrote. Which is demonstrably not what you want. You seem to think that if a few nasty people could be liquidated then everything would be okay. That's not true. The system of thought is wrong, and if you think hanging Dubya is going to solve that you're way off beam again.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

And you consistently side with mainstream media.

You also consistently claim to have shown that the reports I have provided prove nothing, but you have yet to actually provide anything to back up your claims.

There is nothing wrong with the way the U.S. conducts itself socially, it remains the nation with the most consistent support of human rights. What you support are those who desire to eliminate individual liberty. You side with the PTB, and do nothing but attempt to spread their propaganda.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

And you consistently side with mainstream media.

Only when it's compared to the voodoo nonsense in the articles you've cited.

You also consistently claim to have shown that the reports I have provided prove nothing, but you have yet to actually provide anything to back up your claims.

Actually I wrote several fairly detailed posts about this. You ignored them because they don't fit your predetermined views.

There is nothing wrong with the way the U.S. conducts itself socially

Really? You think illegal wars, a history of meddling in other countries' politics by the CIA, a health and welfare system that leaves millions disenfranchised and an economic culture that priviledges big companies - be they pharma, arms or media - has "nothing wrong with it"?

It's difficult to see why you want anything to change.

it remains the nation with the most consistent support of human rights.

Abu Ghraib. Guantanamo Bay. And that's just the last few years.

What you support are those who desire to eliminate individual liberty. You side with the PTB, and do nothing but attempt to spread their propaganda.

What nonsense. Engage with what I write instead of offering boilerplate conspiracist bromides.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
How comforting to live in a world of such certainties. It must be wonderful.
It. You get kittens and cake and drinks made of unicorn giggles.

At least until the meds run out.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Your posts are so incredibly ignorant, you can't even keep track of what this thread has been about from the beginning.

All of your posts are essentially a repeat of this one. You claim to have made points, but all you post is ignorance, as per example of this statement.

You think illegal wars, a history of meddling in other countries' politics by the CIA, a health and welfare system that leaves millions disenfranchised and an economic culture that priviledges big companies - be they pharma, arms or media - has "nothing wrong with it"?

And yet almost every post you make supports the operations of the CIA and big corporations, and attempts to cover up the role of the CIA and Bush and company in these atrocities. Do you think you are fooling anyone by talking out the other side of your mouth?

As I have pointed out, the CIA is a rogue agency, and does not act in the interest of the U.S. society.

From my original post about the CIA -

One can only hope that this is just the beginning of a house cleaning way over due.

You clearly want it both ways, so you can continue to blame all the problems of the world on the U.S.. Probably to cover up your own evil actions.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b Probably to cover up your own evil actions.

Yeah, you got me. I'm Ming the merciless and I'm in the "Bush Gang". Next stop we're going to - I dunno, lose the presidency to a Democrat. That's how we control the world. By being incredibly bad at it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

That's how we control the world. By being incredibly bad at it.

It is not that you are so bad at it, it is just that the people are better at stopping the nonsense, and re-asserting their rights. As the subject of the thread, it is looking that we are about to make a major correction that has been needed for about a half a century now.

I don't know if you are a bad person, or just disillusioned.

The trick of the devil, is to convince the world that he does not exist.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I actually worked on the Usual Suspects movie. We did it as a way to persuade people that our cabal of secret businessmen wasn't actually the enemy, and that in fact the world is controlled by an Iranian drug smuggler who looks like a small American.

At this point I'm not sure whether it was successful or not.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

It certainly isn't, or wasn't, ran by an Arab business man hiding in out in Pakistan.

But is seems you still fell hook line and sinker for that one.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Unlike you, who have managed to see through the lies. To a truth where the US is brilliant except when the naughty CIA and Bush cartel stop it from reaching its full potential of helping everybody all the time.

Well done.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I would say the U.S. is occasionally brilliant, an occasionally we do stupid things. Overall, the U.S. has been more successful than the rest of the world for the last couple of hundred years, and most likely will continue to be more successful, because no other country is doing the things we are doing to make things better.

I find S Korea impressive, and many European nations. I think currently, the Germans have the best system going. Their problem is size, and other things. I also have high hopes for Brazil, and many other S American countries.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join