It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeding off of lies: How millions make a living.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
**mods please move if in wrong spot**

Hello ATS, Gandhi here. I hope to bring something very controversial, (and i almost never use that word) to the table.

And that is feeding off of lies.

Everyday, billions of people use the net, and hundreds of billions, if not trillions, of pages are clicked and opened.

With every click, there is potential to make money if your in the right position. If your in the wrong position, your going to believe some pretty convincing, but idiotic concepts and ideas.

Let me explain.

I have no idea how much each of you know about website production(i call it), so I'm assuming you know nothing but I'll throw a some jargon out there to prompt you to check it out. It's very beneficial if you can handle the work load and have enough time.

As most of you may know, the first webpage came back in 1990-91. In fact, here is the first ever website running off the very same server: First website ever!

After this, came the public internet, known as WWW (World wide web).

It took a little bit, but it got going.

www.youtube.com...
And it got going....

www.youtube.com...
And oh boy did it ever get going...

Yup, if it's digital, it's on the internet.

In the US alone, 2008 brought in over 100 billion in advertisement money. That's between 25 billion web pages, and if each website has around 1000 web pages, (averaging it out, some have many more, some many less)you get 2 500 000 Minus 2 million from a lot of useless iframes, database pages and links, and so on(trust me, a lot). Divide the 100 billion, (actual number 118 billion, but it's a year apart so I'm estimating) and you get around 200 000 per website.

In reality, some make 0 to 10 dollars a year, while others are making millions a year, and others....well "google" it.

So how do they make the money? The same way television shows do; advertisements. Here on ATS you'll see a few, and even more if your not a member. Some are loud, some block your view, and some ask if your sure you want to close them. But, one thing they all have in common, they rake in the dough.

Let's say I claimed I predicted the tornado in Alabama, along with the death toll. I made this claim on my website, and slightly altered the script so i could make it seem as if the article was posted a couple of days earlier. I post it around claiming I'm not the source, and add to pay attention to the post date.

1 million poor souls just feel for my little money scheme. I would go to any website that I am able to post text, and post my website along with what it claims. A way of free advertising if you will.

Now, the internet is advanced enough that I can view which town or city each visitor came from, along with the IP address and various other bits of information that are just enough to find out more about you. Even so that I could even see if you typed the website in your browser, or if it was an external link.

There's a lot that goes into getting a good penny for each click of an ad, Including CTR, how long they were on the page for, and so on.

If the right person with the right website traffic pulls off a good lie, or as we call him a "dis info agent" he can rake in not only a living, but a high standard one at that.

Remember that blonde lady that faked her own death/disappearance? HUGE example. And a successful example. I don't have the right info to get her income from her website, nor do i remember how to find her videos, and trust me i wish i did, but i guarantee she brought home thousands each month from her little stunts.
(the lady that talked about Nibiru and what not)

Other examples include Tamtampamela. This girl pretended to be a Christian extremest, claiming she prayed for the Japan earthquakes and her prayers were answered. She had many before, but this one had such a big back lash she backed off...not without banking her ad money though.

And then there are the countless examples on ATS. One site even copies the entire threads of all the posters and posts it on their site. Don't believe me?

theendtimesarehere.com...

Go ahead and search your name in their search box. If your one of the first on this thread, you should see this thread on the top of their list on the site.

Yep, lies=money today. The elite don't need dis info agents, we do it for them. I must say, I have stopped myself from attempting to do something like this. I would get an incredible idea that would fool many just because it seemed to connect. I decided not too, mainly because I use to be very...impressionable when i first came here to ATS when i was 16. I got fooled. I hated it, and it made me look like a complete idiot. Never again.

So remember, there is motive to make up complete bull crap and post it...quite a big motive. Money.

Doing a little research can weed out the bottom feeders. Google whois and you can find out quite a bit about a website...sometimes just enough to go all the way to the domain registers first and last name, followed by phone number, along with server info and system specs. With each new set of skills, each piece of information will allow you to further expose the people that spread lies for greed.

Good luck ATS, may we soon get rid of this problem that's only growing daily.

Peace and love,

Gandhi

edit on 29-4-2011 by gandhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Unfortunately its really hard to get through the first parts when you consistently misuse the word "your" :-(

edit on 29-4-2011 by MJZoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

Well I'm 18, hopefully that's enough to justify it. I got the there, their and they're down though

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

True and very well thought out and informative post. People always need to consider where their news is coming from and what this or that person has to gain from sharing this story. Then they have to decide whether they believe it or not. That's Hollywood though and they have been spreading "lies" in the form of entertainment for quite a while now. People who imitate Hollywood by fooling other people into accepting their stories as REALITY are entertainers. How easily you are taken in is a testament to their acting skills and sometimes to their unusual or unique idea.

By the way, your videos are malfunctioning I got this from reading your post.

edit on 29-4-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Just a small correction (I'm studying this at Uni atm lol) -

The world's first website was actually this page:

www.w3.org...

The link you referred to was the worlds first dedicated server - yes the website was on this server but is now copied/mirrored to the above address.
edit on 29/4/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Your completely right, a mess up on a newbs part

Thanks!

edit on 29-4-2011 by gandhi because: Manners

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

No worries lol, I didn't know this 6 months ago either.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Seriously--even after someone just now told you--you cannot figure out that "you are" is abbreviated as "you're"? And may I say that age is not an excuse? (Lord, please forgive me for this....)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I'm French, From Canada, and English is my second language.

But thanks for being completely crazy and derailing my thread buddy. Very much appreciated. Jesus Christ.

Lol, but seriously, ATS or this thread is not the place to post your bickering and complaining about Grammar from someone who doesn't speak English as a native language. I know you didn't know, but remember, the whole world isn't English, get your head out of your ass.

If it was color, style, or even abbreviated words, i would understand.

EDIT: ONE MORE THING, if my capitals isn't to English grammars standards, it's because French does it a different way. FYI.

Look at that, you went ahead and pissed Gandhi off. Accomplishment indeed.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Awhile back, while driving to New Brunswick. My Girlfriend and I were listening to The Rick Howe show on News95.7fm. The topics of discussion were, How does advertising online = $cashmoney and how does it function. The host of the show had a representative of a local marketing company
explain the "circle of business" we complete everytime we click on a site. Alot of what the OP has mentioned above, was passed around by caller-ins and the Rep.

Whats crazy, is how the industry adapted so quickly to taking advantage of all the personal info being captured. And how entire databases of info are sold to telemarketing companies and Execs that are looking for ways to get their products into your homes.

Seriously seems like nothing is private anymore.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't internet ads only make people money if the viewer literally clicks on them?
I have only clicked on like one or two ads in my entire life.
And now I don't even see ANY of them. I use Adblock for Firefox which is free and keeps my browsing on ALL sites ad free. I love it.
But yes, i dont see how just visiting a page with an ad would make them money? Important topic though. It ties in with not supporting the system because the system is corrupt.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
if there hadn't been any money to be made, the internet would have never been developed to this point!!
just like if there hadn't been money in tv, that would be pretty much dead. by making that money through advertising, you enable the most viewers to take advatage of what is offered.

join