It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How old was Obama's Father

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
According to the birth certificate his father at the date of his birth was 25 in 1961.

www.bbc.co.uk...

But according to this article he was 23 in the early 1960's -

www.nation.co.ke...

and in 2006

>>the man he met only once in his life in 1971 — was born 62 years earlier

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think before we know that, we'll have to know who his father is for sure...........gotta make sure we have the right baby daddy. Ah well, I can see how Obamas confused about his fathers age, he makes President Bush look like a positive brainiac.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
MAURY!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wikipedia says the father was born in 1936. If you add 25 years to that you get 1961. That matches the birth certificate.

www.nation.co.ke...

He was the senator from Illinois in the US and an embryonic statesman. He was in Kenya primarily to experience the pristine environment of the remote village of Nyang’oma Kogelo in Siaya District of western Kenya where his father, Barack Obama Sr — the man he met only once in his life in 1971 — was born 62 years earlier; and to introduce his young family to the simpler ways of life, away from the opulence and grandeur of a developed Chicago skyline.

The majority of Kenyans did not know who Obama Jr really was; nor had they known his father who had left the country in the early 1960s at the age of 23 to study in the US, and who had died at a relatively young age.

He died at age 46, according to Wikipedia, in 1982. The Nation news is the one that doesn't match. Born 62 years earlier from when? 1971? That wouldn't have made him "relatively young" when dying in 1982, that would have made him born in 1909, which would have made him 73 at age of death.

If they mean 62 years earlier than 2006, that puts his birth year 1944, wikipedia says born 1936. If he was born in 1944, he would have been 17 when he had Barrack.

n September 1959, Obama Sr. enrolled at the University of Hawaii at Manoa in Honolulu as the university's first African foreign student

I don't think he would have been allowed to enter into university at 15 years old.
I think the Nation news has their dates wrong.

top topics

join