It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police storm Wrong House with armed federal judge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by camaro68ss

I remember a story about 2 or 3 hears ago where cops busted in on a wrong address and the father shot one of them before realizing they were cops.

At first all the reports were that the father was arrested and going to be charged. Then the story went viral and it turned into "may be charged" and eventually to "will not be charged."

So I guess the answer depends on how much press you get ie if the cops can get away with it or not.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This is very true, they use "possibly dangerous situations" to practice with all their expensive law enforcement tools.
It costs thousands of dollars (unnecessarily) for every department to have a couple snipers. They are then forced to create situations in which to use them. Just like fees, and fines, they must be created by law enforcement, and local gov't in order to justify their luxurious supply cache.
If you just received a grant from the feds because you jumped through all the proper hoops in the proper order, and watched the video, to get brand new breaching gear and full military dress up costumes, then you are gonna find a reason to use them.
It is also possible that they blow these minor situations out of control to see how they do when it comes to shutting down whole neighborhoods, and crowd control technique. When they want to impose marshal law, they will have the on-the-beat training to do so. Just a thought.
But, being that most of them are cowards, and followers, you will always find them to be incompetent. Mostly running from real danger, and firing blindly when they do decide to confront it.
This law is great for personal liberty, I'm glad they have to double check themselves at the door.
'Bout f'n time!
I live in Indiana, and I am armed when in my home, so it's in law enforcements best interest to check before breaching. I will not hesitate to protect my family from an intruder. Mistakes happen...be careful

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

It's like they live in bizarro world and do the exact opposite of what any sane man would do.

'Officer Safety'... it takes precedence.

why's that? so officers lives are worth more than citizens? i don't think so.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join