It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama first african american president?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eastern_Diamondback
I seriously think people across the nation are going overboard about him. I hear people calling him a future President.

I agree, I think Harold Ford Jr.(D-TN) is more on the fast track for the possibility of running than Obama. Having listened to him on numerous occasions, he is a stand up guy not afraid to buck the party line and eagerly discusses issues that the American public are concerned with, and for the most part avoids spinning topics to the point of confusion.

Anyone else see him this way?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
im not saying this to be racist (by the way which im not) but white supremist groups will make it thier number one priority that any african american president will be assinated at all costs. sad to say but its true.

What about if there was a black Vice President? Wouldnt you think there would be black groups who wanted to off the white Pres so the black guy would be Pres? And all the white power guys would be crazy defending the Pres in that case... would be wierd

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hey, I live in down state Illinois across the river from STL, and the word on Obama is very little, no ads on TV, just the speach from the DNC the other night.

I would not count him as elected just yet!

Obama is a demo from up state Illinois and is unknown here and the word on the street here that the DNC is pushing him right now becaused he is unopposed.

I would think the Illinois GOP will run a well known and liked past Govenor against him like Thompson or Edgar in this election. Or a someone like Judy Barr Topinka against him. And the announcement will come in September to catch the DNC off gaurd!

The current Govenor in Illinois a first term Demo is really screwing up the state and is not well liked, and this is going to affect Obama's election chances.

I dont want to make this a racial issue, but the last time this state elected a black from northern Illinois to run for a high profile postion, Carol Mosley Bruan, it was a major emabarrsment for the state, and I know Obama is totally different person from CMB, but I think this will affect him as well.

I dont thinks its a slam dunk for Obama just yet!
john

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
That is so messed up just cuz me an a couple of other members say that every one is getting carried away about this dude you call us racist or that we don't like change that is such BS people need to calm down and have common sense.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
After the first ten minutes of this speech I knew that he was a serious candidate for a future Presidential election.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
After the first ten minutes of this speech I knew that he was a serious candidate for a future Presidential election.

Thats pretty scary It only tooked 10 minutes and your ready to elect a unelected senator to president. I think hes a good guy but there are many people that are more qualified then him to be president.

He does have a good speech writer though

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
He had the delivery, the inflection and the passion that we've seen in the likes of JFK and FDR.

He WILL be elected. Theres even a high likelihood that he will be elected by default because nobody wants to challenge him.

A one term Senator can rise into high office. Look at Edwards

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Im not saying he could not some day be President. What im trying to say is let him get into office first then look at his actions when he is in office.

Judge the man by his actions not by his words.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Electing someone because they give good speech is like marrying someone because they give good......

Fun for awhile, but not enough for a long term relationship.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Despite any other factors...if you think the American public at large is going to elect ANYONE with a name so close to Osama (Obama), then you're in fantasy land...

It sounds stupid, and trite, but nonetheless, it won't happen. Senator? Sure, most Americans don't even know their own state senators....but VP or Pres? Nope, not going to happen....

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Despite any other factors...if you think the American public at large is going to elect ANYONE with a name so close to Osama (Obama), then you're in fantasy land...

Come on... give people a LITTLE bit of credit. If he was arab though and not black there'd be no way then!

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It's a real shame they couldn't talk Ditka into running against him. Daaa Senator!

It's a sad reflection of the state of society in America that people still talk about the possibility of someone being "the first black president" or "the first female president." How about talking about someone possibly being just "a future president." He's smart and charismatic, if you want to discuss his presidential possibilities based on that, fine. Unfortunately, the reason this topic was brought up was because of his skin color. Maybe we really never will get beyond race and sex. What a shame.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
i must b mistaken; i was under the assumption that benjamin banneker is the first(black) president. i must have read too deeply n 2 history; but as there was a first there shall b a last.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Come on... give people a LITTLE bit of credit.

I wish I could....I REALLY do...but frankly, I can't... I live in Florida, remember? (dangling chads anyone?)

Besides, as has been said, the first black president KNOWS he's an assassination target, and I'd bet dollars to donuts this is why Powell didn't run (I would have voted for him then....but not now). Not that it's an excuse and I wish it wasn't so, but it's a fact, and it's going to take a LOT of guts to be the first on this one....

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well, if this guy has skeleton one in his closet you can be sure it will be exposed. Such is politics.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
god i hope not, his views are a bit extreme.

another thing to think about is if a black guy is elected president, it might not be the white supremacy groups that would try to kill them, it might be a black militant group that would try to make their cause stronger because nobody would ever believe a black person would shoot a black president.

[edit on 30-7-2004 by crazeinc]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join