It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skier's ava-launch off cliff! [Amazing Video]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yeah i know, the story is from the Sun newspaper which doesnt have a great track record with honest stories but if you watch the video it speaks for itself,this guy Matthias Giraud has a real close call:

JAW-DROPPING video footage has emerged of a fearless skier flying off the edge of a cliff and then realising an avalanche HE set off was just seconds behind him.

Heres the Dubstep Version incase the above video is removed:

Matthias performed his first base jump on skis in early 2008 and on his website says his mission is to "promote the sports of skiing and B.A.S.E. jumping in a professional and humble manner to inspire human adventure".

The Sun Link
Matthias Giraud Official Site

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Those guys are nuts. I can't even imagine what that rush would feel like.
I went snow skiing once. It was cold, so had a sip or 20 of whiskey. I couldn't quite get the turning or stopping part down. I had 3 speeds. Go, Go Faster, Fall Down.

I would love to do what they did, but I wouldn't have the balls.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Lol i agree, those guys are mental,ive never been skiing but i would love to go one day,i think i would need a whole bottle of whisky before i even considered doing what they done though!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

If I were to try it again, I think whiskey may not be the best choice for a beginner.

It had advantages of course- Not as cold. Falling didn't really hurt(especially after I realized that falling on purpose was a much softer landing than attempting to stop, and flipping on accident).

It is also possible that the whiskey did not actual improve my coordination though lol. It might have had a couple negative effects too.

new topics

top topics

join