It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collaborative Fiction vs Short stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What makes the differenace between some being allowed to post in "Collaborative Fiction", and other only in "short Stories" I'm currious as to the reasons...
Thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If my guess is correct its the status of writer you have to ask John Bull 1 for it I just did the outher day and not im able to post my story.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
What makes the differenace between some being allowed to post in "Collaborative Fiction", and other only in "short Stories" I'm currious as to the reasons...
Thanks

for collaborative fiction, you can start a story BUT others can join in and continue it and the fun begins

for short stories, you write the story and others DO NOT continue the story they just read it and comment on it

hope this helps you...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sorry for answering this late.

For short stories you don't need writer status.

For Collaborative fiction you do.

Reasons ?

Well,staff need to know if someone posting in Coll Fiction is trustworthy.Otherwise there is always the potential that a troll could join and post imediately and ruin it for everyone else participating.I normally look to see if a member has been here atleast a month and made a reasonable amount of posts and that they haven't been disruptive in the past.

The same standard doesn't have to apply for short stories as a post can simply be deleted without harming the flow of a bigger story.

I hope this sounds reasonable.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Sorry for answering this late.

For short stories you don't need writer status.

For Collaborative fiction you do.

Reasons ?

Well,staff need to know if someone posting in Coll Fiction is trustworthy.Otherwise there is always the potential that a troll could join and post imediately and ruin it for everyone else participating.I normally look to see if a member has been here atleast a month and made a reasonable amount of posts and that they haven't been disruptive in the past.

The same standard doesn't have to apply for short stories as a post can simply be deleted without harming the flow of a bigger story.

I hope this sounds reasonable.

i think the GREATEST example of such a GREAT member is...

ME

top topics

join